cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #31
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

So the two most liberal candidates in the field are neck and neck? Groundbreaking.

Thank you for that profound contribution, Tex. Maybe in November you will enlighten us with "Romney was a stake president in 1992."
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #32
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
So the two most liberal candidates in the field are neck and neck? Groundbreaking.

Thank you for that profound contribution, Tex. Maybe in November you will enlighten us with "Romney was a stake president in 1992."
Heh. Just now realized the article was from May, eh?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #33
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Heh. Just now realized the article was from May, eh?
Do you think the WSJ has decided Romney has become really conservative since May? Well, given his record on changing positions, I suppose it's possible...
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #34
Tex

Quote:
Latest Gallup, registered voters:

Obama vs Romney: 46/48%
Obama vs Perry: 47/47%
Obama vs Paul: 47/45%
Obama vs Bachmann: 48/44%

There goes that theory.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #35
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

There goes that theory.
That's neato! Maybe in the upcoming school year, your teacher will show you electoral maps and even explain how they work. How is Romney doing in key swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania? Or places like California, New York and Florida? The 2008 election was a relatively close 53/46%, yet McCain was awarded less than one-third of the electoral votes. So unfair, wasn't it?

Hey did you hear that only one day after Romney criticized Obama for going on vacation, he announced plans to demolish his $12 million home in La Jolla, CA and quadruple its size? What a great decision, to show how in touch Romney is with the needs of the American people. Surely he will gain the awe of the voters of the state with 55 electoral votes and 11.8% unemployment.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #36
Tex

Quote:
That's neato! Maybe in the upcoming school year, your teacher will show you electoral maps and even explain how they work. How is Romney doing in key swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania? Or places like California, New York and Florida? The 2008 election was a relatively close 53/46%, yet McCain was awarded less than one-third of the electoral votes. So unfair, wasn't it?
I'll take this series of non sequiturs as tacit admission that your Two Popular Liberals theory is dead.

But about your "new" change of topic: I assume you think the electoral college map is in Obama's favor, despite his national disapproval rating. Heh. Well, since you asked:

Obama vs Romney:
PA: 43/41% (RCP avg), Latest is Quinnipiac (7/31), 42/44%
FL: 43/45% (RCP avg), Latest is Magellan Strategies poll: 39/49%
OH: No RCP avg yet, Latest is PPP (8/14) 45/43%

At this point, head-to-head matchups tell you more about the incumbent than the challenger, since there's no nominee yet and we're still more than a year out. (You're a smart "independent moderate" so I'm sure you knew that.)

But Romney appears to be well positioned if he ends up the nominee. More importantly, Obama is well under 50%, and remains under 50% almost no matter who the opponent is.

Quote:
Hey did you hear that only one day after Romney criticized Obama for going on vacation, he announced plans to demolish his $12 million home in La Jolla, CA and quadruple its size? What a great decision, to show how in touch Romney is with the needs of the American people. Surely he will gain the awe of the voters of the state with 55 electoral votes and 11.8% unemployment.
I couldn't care less. Not like CA is going to vote Republican anyway. Plus ... who's running the state of CA these days? Hmm ...

Also, you seem to be under the false impression that I'm a big Romney fan. Let me divest of you of yet another incorrect view.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 08-25-2011, 02:19 AM   #37
Cali Coug

Quote:

There goes that theory.
Yep. With that one poll, over a year before the election, we can conclusively put an end to that theory.

Brilliant analysis.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #38
Cali Coug

Quote:
I'll take this series of non sequiturs as tacit admission that your Two Popular Liberals theory is dead.

But about your "new" change of topic: I assume you think the electoral college map is in Obama's favor, despite his national disapproval rating. Heh. Well, since you asked:

Obama vs Romney:
PA: 43/41% (RCP avg), Latest is Quinnipiac (7/31), 42/44%
FL: 43/45% (RCP avg), Latest is Magellan Strategies poll: 39/49%
OH: No RCP avg yet, Latest is PPP (8/14) 45/43%

At this point, head-to-head matchups tell you more about the incumbent than the challenger, since there's no nominee yet and we're still more than a year out. (You're a smart "independent moderate" so I'm sure you knew that.)

But Romney appears to be well positioned if he ends up the nominee. More importantly, Obama is well under 50%, and remains under 50% almost no matter who the opponent is.

I couldn't care less. Not like CA is going to vote Republican anyway. Plus ... who's running the state of CA these days? Hmm ...

Also, you seem to be under the false impression that I'm a big Romney fan. Let me divest of you of yet another incorrect view.
Take a stand for once, Tex. All you do is paste links to other people's opinions then not support or reject their opinions. Which of the current Republican candidates do YOU support?
Old 08-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #39
Cali Coug

Quote:
Funny that you should post this months-old link just days after a new (left leaning) PPP poll shows Romney and Obama neck-and-neck at 45s, and Obama losing independents 44/49.

Maybe around Thanksgiving you can post some links about the women losing the World Cup.

Heh.
On Tex's premise that the most recent poll debunks all theories which don't fit with the most recent poll, Tex's theory that Romney could ever face Obama for an election must now be debunked.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_935624.html
Old 08-25-2011, 06:14 AM   #40
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate, hate, hate Perry. He is crass, he is a snake, he is an empty preening windbag. He's not a conservative. He reinvented himself over the last couple of years as this hard-core tough-talkin' conservative. It's complete bulls***.

Us folks in Texas know what a douchebag he is. The rest of you are going to find out.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote