cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Letter from a black guy about Obama

not sure if he really is black but this was kind of funny.

I am tired of all us African Americans on TV thinking everything is so great now that Obama is president. WHY? What do you think is going to happen? He is going to reduce the price of rims and spinners? I will tell you exactly what is going to happen, this is going to hurt black people BIG TIME!! For the past 200 years we have always had the attitude of “why even try, I can’t make it because I am black”. Well guess what, one of our brothers just got elected President of the F*CKING UNITED STATES. So now what is your excuse all you lazy good for nothing drug dealing, robbing, unemployed African Americans? The fact is over 75% of us will be in jail at some point in our lives. What’s the excuse, white people don’t like us? Do you know what percent of the population who voted for Obama was black… less than 15%! That means about 80% of his voters were white. Now what black people? All our excuses are over? Obama is going to raise welfare a couple bucks for what… so you can get an extra piece of crack each week. We have no excuses left, if you are a loser in the hood not making it, now you have no excuse but to look in the mirror and say I am just a black loser, not an oppressed people without a fair shake.
Signed- The Angry Black Man With a College Degree and a Job!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
not sure if he really is black but this was kind of funny.
Just a swag, but I am guessing he is not black.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Just a swag, but I am guessing he is not black.
I am sure he is not, by the way just a clarification not funny because of the letter, more funny because it is stupid.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I am sure he is not, by the way just a clarification not funny because of the letter, more funny because it is stupid.
it actually articulates (poorly) the general sentiment of a lot of voters....both black and white. That is to say, how will Obama's historic election affect the black community, one that has historically viewed itself as opressed in a system that allegedly works against them?

Bill Cosby has already come out and said things similar to this letter, placing much blame and responsibility on the black community to rise up and pull itself up by its own bootstraps. I think Obama will likely do that, as well.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 11-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
it actually articulates (poorly) the general sentiment of a lot of voters....both black and white. That is to say, how will Obama's historic election affect the black community, one that has historically viewed itself as opressed in a system that allegedly works against them?

Bill Cosby has already come out and said things similar to this letter, placing much blame and responsibility on the black community to rise up and pull itself up by its own bootstraps. I think Obama will likely do that, as well.
Didn't the NAACP crucify Cosby for his coomments?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Didn't the NAACP crucify Cosby for his coomments?
Not sure but I do recall some groups getting upset by his candor.

But being part of the group, so to speak, he gets a pass from emotionally-charged accusations of racism.

As will Obama.

I think this is why this candidacy holds such interest to many people....how will his term affect the African American community and what will his message be to them?

He is in a unique position that other candidates (whites) were not able to fully grasp. The first Hispanic president of the US will be in a similarly unique position. First female, as well. First Mormon, etc...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #7
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

If it was shorter and more funny, I'd say it was Chris Rock.
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #8
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I have wondered if things go poorly for Obama that blacks would turn on him for not being "black."

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #9
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I have wondered if things go poorly for Obama that blacks would turn on him for not being "black."
He will get the Uncle Tom label from some, for sure.