cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2009, 03:57 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My brief breakdown of the TCU game

1. TCU's OL dominated BYU's front 7. They were consistently in 2nd and short and 3rd and short.

2. BYU has deficiencies in the secondary that are being exposed.

3. When is the last time fat Jan pressured the QB?

4. Andy Dalton, as I said before the game, is a better QB than Max Hall. He is a gamer. Hall is the faux-gamer. The cocky guy who gets fired up, jumps around, "isn't afraid to get in his teammates faces", you know the sort of douche that gives internet football coaches a boner. But he's all hat, no ranch.

5. Max Hall spent a lot of time looking at the blockers. It's the basketball equivalent of looking at your feet while you dribble.

6. It's hard to tell on TV, but it appears that the BYU receiving corps is pretty pathetic. Especially at wide receiver.

7. Unga seems to get slower every year. You can count to 3-mississippi in teh amount of time it takes him to hit a hole. No burst. He was much faster as a freshman. I don't know if it is injuries, lack of hard work, or too much loving w/ the the wife. I believed, at one time, that Unga would play in the NFL. I now firmly believe that he will NOT play in the NFL.

8. BYU OL was used and abused. Yeah, Unga had a few runs. But the points on the board tell the story. Not able to drive down the field.

9. Bronco is out of his league against the Pattersons and Whittinghams. He claps encouragement to his players. You can imagine him talking at halftime "assignment football" "execution" "mental discipline." I think that's the only thing he is good at. He is a manager who needs better assistants, because he is not going to gameplan himself to any kind of important victory.

10. When does basketball start?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:27 AM   #2
mexbeef

mexbeef is on a distinguished road
Default Byu tcu

When you have a defense that is dominating our offensively line, you need to bring in the second string QB who can make plays when things are falling apart. The second string guy can make plays when things are unpredictable. He can make the defense go back on it's heels. Max Hall cannot do that. With passing, unga and a play making QB you have much more than Passing and Unga. My vote is take Hall out when the line starts to get overwhelmed. You have to have the courage when the menu QB cannot deliver.:-D
mexbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexbeef View Post
When you have a defense that is dominating our offensively line, you need to bring in the second string QB who can make plays when things are falling apart. The second string guy can make plays when things are unpredictable. He can make the defense go back on it's heels. Max Hall cannot do that. With passing, unga and a play making QB you have much more than Passing and Unga. My vote is take Hall out when the line starts to get overwhelmed. You have to have the courage when the menu QB cannot deliver.:-D
WHat??? Bench the deserving Heisman award winner in his senior season? But gosh, he can throw the ball 40 yards IN THE AIR. His out-pattern throw is faster than AirHog RC helicopter!

Poor Max. He wanted it so bad. He was so all over the interviews and media after the OU game. He loves the spotlight. I'm sure it pains him deeply to be at the place he is at currently.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote