cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ESPN gameday

Recorded it and watched most of it later in the day. Fun that it was in Provo, but too bad they had to do it in that parking lot. Less dramatic.

I'm happy ESPN is giving non-BCS schools props.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:45 AM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Coach McGuirk attended GameDay and said BYU had the most idiotic process he'd ever seen. The morons "in charge" seemed terrified of anti-BYU, anti-LDS propaganda appearing before the camera, so they were very cautious about letting people in. There were three security checkpoints where they examined everyone's signs, flags, and clothing. It wasn't a matter of a person going to either checkpoint; it was every person individually passing through all three checkpoints. And they wouldn't allow any flags on poles in, which would have been the first GameDay in its 17-year history without flags. Bunch of stupid, paranoid GameDay virgins running the show.

At 7:30, 30 minutes before the broadcast was to begin, the crowd was still very small and the ESPN honchos told the persecuted paranoid BYU staff that they were too damn slow and to let people in, or the broadcast would look terrible. All of the gates were opened and everyone flooded in, which means every flag you saw got in within the final 30 minutes, and, gasp, lo and behold, there were no anti-BYU, anti-LDS signs after all. The gays didn't come out en masse to ruin the candle on a hill's big moment. Shocking.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

I went to the GameDay broadcast. There actually were a few "anti-LDS" signs, but they were fairly tame. One said, "Hi Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, and Dad".

The thing that annoyed me is that they let 3 Boise State flags in there.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote