cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU and Utah

I have seen both teams play, and neither team is particularly talented. Utah has some linemen who can play, and at a player called Johnson, but nobody who scares you.

However, Utah typically improves throughout the season, and Whit seems to be a much better big game coach, when compared to Bronco. I'd rate the chances of Kyle winning in an even game better two to one. For Bronco's team to defeat Utah's, BYU will have to have substantially better players. I'm not saying there's no way BYU can win, but in a close game, I think Utah wins that six times out of ten.

Actually, I was a little underwhelmed watching Utah against UNLV. But my gut tells me, Kyle steals another one, which if all things were equal, he'd lose, this November.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
BYUsportsguy

BYUsportsguy is on a distinguished road

The deciding factor in the BYU-UT game will be less the players and more the coaches this year. When it comes down to players, I give BYU a slight advantage but Bronco is going to have to up his coaching ability if BYU is going to avoid losing it's last major game in Provo this year. The other two are too late to save...
BYUsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUsportsguy View Post
The deciding factor in the BYU-UT game will be less the players and more the coaches this year. When it comes down to players, I give BYU a slight advantage but Bronco is going to have to up his coaching ability if BYU is going to avoid losing it's last major game in Provo this year. The other two are too late to save...
Neither BYU nor Utah is spectacular this year. BYU might eek out a win, but I am NOT confident, because it appears that the Utah coaching staff is heads and shoulders above BYU's.

Bronco, given his methodical almost boring approach to coaching, doesn't do well in big games. One out of four this year is not a statistic to be proud of. Even fifty fifty is mediocre.