cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Former NFL exec to testify to Congress re: head injuries

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/28/sp...otball.html?hp

Quote:
Having followed story after story detailing how N.F.L. retirees are experiencing various forms of dementia at several times the national rate, and listening to the N.F.L. and its doctors cast doubt that football played any role in their problems, she has emerged after 15 years to reconnect with her players and sound an alarm.

Culverhouse has blood cancer and renal failure and has been told she has six months to live. She will testify before the House Judiciary Committee at its hearing on football brain injuries on Wednesday to, as she put it, “tell the truth about what’s going on while I still have the chance.”

“I’ve got to see that someone stops this debacle before it gets any worse,” said Culverhouse, 62, the daughter of the former Buccaneers owner Hugh Culverhouse who held various executive positions from 1985 to 1994. “I watched our team do anything it could to get players back on the field. We have to make that right.”
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/29/sp...injury.html?hp
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote