cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2007, 02:36 AM   #11
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
It wasn't our lack of good guards....it was our lack of boxing out on the boards. If we box out and rebound....we win. Simple as that. Even with JT having a bad game.

Arch, you are the biggest pussywhiner I know when it comes to BYU sports.

Just admit you enjoy being miserable.
True that. The second and third attempts by MSU ridiculous. Our players are soft. They were getting pushed around all game. Trent was establishing position 17 ft from the hoop. I liked the few times that Burgess posted up Neitzel. I wished they would have done that a few more times. Murdock has to shoot more. They were playing 5' off of him all game daring him to shoot. I know he wants to facilitate the offense, but shooting will help him do that better. JT can't create his own shot unless his back is to the rim. But we haven't seen too much of that for awhile. Izzo coached a great game. He was rotating his players in and out like hockey lines to keep them fresh. BYU lost to a more physical team, not necessarily a better team. This was won we should have won. Had we made our free throws, especially the front end of the 1 and 1's and rebounded like we're capable of then we would have won easily.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:00 AM   #12
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
strikes me now and then.

Every so often I allow myself to delude myself into believing BYU can and will step, at least momentarily, into a bigger stage and win. Of course, then we fall flat on our faces, as we did against MSU.

We're really, the not-quite-ready-for-prime-time players.
Things are never as bad or as good as they seem to be. (I love that saying.)

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #13
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
One out of three ain't too good.
One out of three against 3 top 10 teams is pretty good. And it wasn't exactly like we got outclassed in those two losses either.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote