cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road
Default MWC basketball notes (mostly as it relates to BYU)

First thing: Louisville is playing at UNLV before they play BYU. Should be a nice chance in the same week to compare BYU and UNLV against the same opponent. Louisville is currently ranked 6th in the nation but has their starting center and key PF out for this weeks games. IOW, BYU's size advantage might be incredible in this game giving them a chance to get an early win and a sos boost by playing UNC on Saturday.

Second thing: Given the recent conversation about MWC and Pac-10 hoops I thought you would all like to know that CSU played Oregon State in hoops and won. I didn't realize that so I thought I would pass it along to those who also didn't realize that.

Third thing: Utah might be in trouble. They were the favorite against Santa Clara.

Stay tuned for an analysis of Hartford v. BYU tomorrow morning.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Colorado State is truly a bad, bad team. What does this say about Oregon State, seriously? Just to show you how bad of a loss that was. First, Oregon State lost to CSU by 13 points. As bad as that sounds, consider that less than a week ago, CSU did not even score 40 points and lost by 36 points to Montana. Yes, Montana.

Yes, Utah should have beaten Santa Clara. But, I expect some real struggles by this Ute team for the next few weeks. They are still learning a system and getting used to the coaching style. I think Utah will look pretty good by the end of the season and I fully expect a top 3 finish in the conference. I guess we'll see.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Colorado State is truly a bad, bad team. What does this say about Oregon State, seriously? Just to show you how bad of a loss that was. First, Oregon State lost to CSU by 13 points. As bad as that sounds, consider that less than a week ago, CSU did not even score 40 points and lost by 36 points to Montana. Yes, Montana.

Yes, Utah should have beaten Santa Clara. But, I expect some real struggles by this Ute team for the next few weeks. They are still learning a system and getting used to the coaching style. I think Utah will look pretty good by the end of the season and I fully expect a top 3 finish in the conference. I guess we'll see.
I hope Utah comes along. I can't believe that they don't have the talent to compete. I'd give portions of my anatomy for a key player on their team.

CSU isn't a good basketball team but it sounds like the vaunted Pac-10 has their share of dogs.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote