cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
Sun TzUte

Sun TzUte
Default Utefans/New Site

So I have been talking with a person who is involved in starting up a new site for the Utes. This is a former poster (that you would all know) who has been out of touch for some time due to thier percieved deterioration of utefans.net.

They envision a site that caters to those of a little higher intellect. It would be moderated to take away obcenities and things like that so that all can feel comfortable.

I really like webmonkey, but I could see a number of former Ute/Coug posters who would actually really enjoy something like this.

My friend (to remain anon.) has asked me to get some feedback on his behalf. What does everybody think? Is there room for a slightly different model?
Old 04-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun TzUte View Post
So I have been talking with a person who is involved in starting up a new site for the Utes. This is a former poster (that you would all know) who has been out of touch for some time due to thier percieved deterioration of utefans.net.

They envision a site that caters to those of a little higher intellect. It would be moderated to take away obcenities and things like that so that all can feel comfortable.

I really like webmonkey, but I could see a number of former Ute/Coug posters who would actually really enjoy something like this.

My friend (to remain anon.) has asked me to get some feedback on his behalf. What does everybody think? Is there room for a slightly different model?
If there is room for Cougarguard there is room for another Utefans. Cougarguard has been very successful thus far.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Just tell him to come over here, we're filthy with utes.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

If it were to bring solid posters like ColoradoUte and Senioritis back then it's a big time positive.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Just send them here. There seems to be as many Ute fans here as Cougar fans. We even like attorneys.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #6
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun TzUte View Post

So does this person want more censoring of bad language or more intellect? They are not necessarily parallel. There is a need for the latter, but the implementation of the former might make for a mullah-ish site -- one man's "obscenity" is another man's "colorful language".
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #7
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
So does this person want more censoring of bad language or more intellect? They are not necessarily parallel. There is a need for the latter, but the implementation of the former might make for a mullah-ish site -- one man's "obscenity" is another man's "colorful language".
You can lick my balls!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #8
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
You can lick my balls!
Burns: Nonsense, dogs are idiots. Think about it, Smithers. If I came into your house and started sniffing at your crotch and slobbering all over your face, what would you say?

Smithers: Uh...if you did it, sir...?
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:43 PM   #9
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
You can lick my balls!
exactly - i want to be comfortable dropping the occassional fuck, shit, ass, damn, etc...
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #10
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Will it have a religion section where all the apostate Utes can blow off a little steam?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote