cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Upcoming Century rides?

Anyone else on here ride the MS 150 in Logan, Utah this year?

Other century rides any are persuing this year? Where and when?
Old 07-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe. When iis it?

ULCER maybe and perhaps the Desperado Duel.

Of course we're doing the Archaean 120 Saturday, hopefully in six hours, but we'll see.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6154587

My neighbor and I did a 96 mile loop today and the climb in the middle kicked my butt. I felt pretty good at the end and I'm tired but not totally fried so I hope things keep improving. I better get faster on the climbs or I'll just be waving good bye to Arch at Preston.

Borg are you doing that Sawtooth ride again? I love that area up there. I'm a little interested in ULCER just because I think we could really fly around that thing. With the kid leaving in August and various family events it's going to be tough to get away this summer.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6154587

My neighbor and I did a 96 mile loop today and the climb in the middle kicked my butt. I felt pretty good at the end and I'm tired but not totally fried so I hope things keep improving. I better get faster on the climbs or I'll just be waving good bye to Arch at Preston.

Borg are you doing that Sawtooth ride again? I love that area up there. I'm a little interested in ULCER just because I think we could really fly around that thing. With the kid leaving in August and various family events it's going to be tough to get away this summer.
You're scaring me now.

I have two centuries planned, one for tomorrow and one for Sunday, but the heat takes a toll.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You're scaring me now.

I have two centuries planned, one for tomorrow and one for Sunday, but the heat takes a toll.
I don't think I could do two back to back like that. What do you say we slow down on our training and stop trying to kill each other. At Lotoja we could go real slow, make all the stops and try to be the first two riders ever that gained weight on a two hundred mile ride.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
I don't think I could do two back to back like that. What do you say we slow down on our training and stop trying to kill each other. At Lotoja we could go real slow, make all the stops and try to be the first two riders ever that gained weight on a two hundred mile ride.
You made me chuckle. I've never done a double so my fitness is a concern. At the end of my sixty miler today I met up with some Latin riders and they decided to hammer at the point. And it was hard. So the thought arises, what the hell am I going to do if Viking attacks at the hill at mile 106? I'll be toast.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

i wanted to ride in the MS 150, but i'll be in palm springs... i'll probably do ULCER but not with the chaps here... i can only keep up with them for the first 1.5 miles anyway. i need to get training..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:28 AM   #8
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

I am doing the desperado dual century(Panguitch, UT on 8/23) and I may do ULCER, but not sure yet.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #9
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

We are pointing to the Lighthouse century in San Luis Obispo in September. While it can't compare to the Hotter than Hell in texas, IMO this is a beautiful ride. You start outside of SLO and head north (there are differenct routes, depending on length and hilliness) and you are either right along the coast or in the hills next to the coast. Lunch break is at a park on the coast where you can eat a sandwich and some pie (they have great food on this ride) looking out at the deep blue pacific.

The ride is almost certainyl sold out (it usually sells out in hours) but you can almost always buy toickets from others as the date approaches. If you go, and you should, we will be on a triple going slowly on the metric course.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:03 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
We are pointing to the Lighthouse century in San Luis Obispo in September. While it can't compare to the Hotter than Hell in texas, IMO this is a beautiful ride. You start outside of SLO and head north (there are differenct routes, depending on length and hilliness) and you are either right along the coast or in the hills next to the coast. Lunch break is at a park on the coast where you can eat a sandwich and some pie (they have great food on this ride) looking out at the deep blue pacific.

The ride is almost certainyl sold out (it usually sells out in hours) but you can almost always buy toickets from others as the date approaches. If you go, and you should, we will be on a triple going slowly on the metric course.
Man up and do the century.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote