cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought Little Miss Sunshine was okay. Good. But not academy award buzz good.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #22
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Shaun of the Dead--truly a tremendously funny show set in England with 2 guys and a couple of their friends trying to live their way thru a zombie attack. 2 British 'The Office' actors are in the movie...Dawn (the Pam of the british version) and the british version of Jim. Definately worth a viewing.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 PM   #23
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Shaun of the Dead--truly a tremendously funny show set in England with 2 guys and a couple of their friends trying to live their way thru a zombie attack. 2 British 'The Office' actors are in the movie...Dawn (the Pam of the british version) and the british version of Jim. Definately worth a viewing.

Speaking of British Office. Did anyone laugh their butts off at Night at the Museum at the British Office manager dude who has a minor role in the movie? My wife and I would start laughing as soon as the guy started talking--but I don't think anyone else in the theater got how funny he was. The Little Big Horn jab was awesome.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #24
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Ricky Gervais is truly a comedic genius. He has been in quite a few things recently...obviously, the british 'Office' is his and his work partners (Steve Marchant) brainchild. But, he is also the Producer of the american 'office' and he penned an episode this year.

He also writes and starts in the HBO/BBC show 'Extras' which is fabulous and currently in its second season.

A couple of recent movies that he has been, with rather minor roles, 'For your Consideration' and 'Night at the Museum.' He is terrific and his part in the Museum was very entertaining.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #25
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
1) One of my friends/colleagues is Edward Norton's cousin-in-law (or step-cousin). He has met Selma Hayek at family functions.

2) Last week I was at Blockbuster. Suddenly someone carrying a bunch of movies busts through the emergency backdoor, and a waiting car peels out.

I talked to the blockbuster guys yesterday (just trading, not purchasing, no money exchanged, it being the Sabbath and all). Apparently this guy made out with $2000 in merchandise. He took every PS3 game in the store. What a punk. Too bad I wasn't Dirty Harry.

When I was in med school, a med student was carjacked from a Blockbuster I used to go to. He was shot and killed in a nearby parking lot after the carjacking.
Set me up with Salma instead of Robin's sister and we can talk.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #26
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
It's one of my all time favorites too.

We finally saw Little Miss Sunshine and we loved it. It was nice to see Steve Carell in a different role.

So, Rocky, how was the new Rocky anyway? Danimal has no desire to see it, but I would like to... mostly because the guy who plays Peter Petrelli in Heroes is in it.
It's very good. In tone it's closer to the original Rocky. Your husband would be pleasantly surprised by the movie as most have been.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #27
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
The scene were they are deciding which LP's to save and which ones to use to throw at the approaching zombies is very funny.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:18 AM   #28
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my favorite overlooked films is Diner. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out. Another all time classic that everyone should see is Harold and Maude.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote