cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vs. Prairie View A&M

Boring. I can barely pay attention.

Bartley with a nice behind the back pass.

Collinsworth and his free throws makes me want to pull my hair out. No one should guard him when he is shooting more than 5 feet away. I am probably going to hell because of the things I have said during Collinsworth's free throws.

There's a sequence at 11:19 in the first half where PV turns the ball over and Haws brings the ball up on the break. He has Barltley open on his left, but just completely turns him down, dribbles to the middle. Suddenly pulls up and throws to Collinsworth who is 5 feet behind him. Collinsworth is shocked and almost doesn't catch the ball. Bartley raises his hand like he is thinking "what in the hell? I am wide open!" Collinsworth then bricks a layup attempt.

A demonstration of the weakness in Haws game. Lack of a handle, doesn't see the ball well for a guard. He's a little like a poor white man's version of a Kobe. Shoot first, not enough athleticism. of course Kobe has a great handle and can pass well at times, so no comparison there, lol. I like Haws, but we are really seeing the deficits in his game this season. Poor defense, poor athleticism, questionable shot selection (shot stuffed in his face, bricks), lack of a handle. He has ZERO chance to be in the NBA. There's no position he can play. He really should be a 2, but his game does not allow him to be a 2. I'm disappointed that he has not been able to improve his game in the offseason esp. after he played for the US national team at the university games.

I'm happy that Rose has gone to man-to-man. This team desperately needs to improve its defense. They should never play a zone against a team like this.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

the best part of this broadcast was the show that came on directly afterward. About the band Mates of State. Which I have listened to in the past.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew it was boring without watching.