cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vs. Gonzaga

the guy who had me screaming at my TV was Josh Sharp. HORRIBLE GAME! At least 3 times on defense on pick and rolls, Sharp made a switch where he and the guard ended up on the same player, and then a wide open guy nailed a 3.

BYU will never win by repeatedly giving up easy undefended 3's.

It's almost like Josh Sharp had never seen a pick and roll before and had no idea what to do. He's TERRIBLE.

A huge liability on offense, and now just as bad on defense.

I thought Skyler Halford also played poorly on defense. And had to be pulled for that reason.

Bartley came off the bench and provided a spark. I honestly don't understand Rose at all. He used Bartley a lot in the non-conference, Bartley played well, then Rose buried him after one or two off-games in conference play.

Rose buries Sharp during non-conference and goes to Luke Worthington. Then in conference play he gives big minutes to Sharp and only goes with Worthington in desperation foul-trouble moments.

Why does Rose stay with the zone when they are getting killed? I am literally screaming at my TV.

It was nice to see Anson Winder have a nice showing. And also Kyle Collinsworth. Everytime he hit's a J, I am stunned by disbelief. Happened a couple of times during that game. Also Mika was not eaten alive like he was against Portland.

Very frustrating that our guards could not stay in front of Stockton. But how could they? Obviously one of the fastest guys in the world. Gonna be 1st team NBA all-star when he gets to the league. :|

The whole defense is just awful.

We may have to accept the fact that Tyler Haws is a player who looks artificially good on a bad team. Two years in a row Haws has been the best player on a team that will not make the NCAAs. What does that say about how good Haws is? Haws is one of those guys on a bad NBA team that puts up 20 points per game. Then signs a free agent deal with a good team and he sucks. Big points for bad teams are hollow points. Tyler Haws, until you show us different, you are a LOSER.

We loved Jimmer because he was a WINNER.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote