cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2015, 07:42 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Worthington will be on a mission next year

http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/co...d3d80e679.html

One wonders if there was a mixture of motivations for this. It's not clear that Worthington would have any minutes next year, nor if he would even retain his scholarship.

I've been fairly critical of him, in that I don't think his talent level is up to BYU's standards. He doesn't seem to me to be a Div 1A talent. Due to lack of skills and athleticism. Last hear he was an embarrassment. I would characterize him this year as barely serviceable, due to slight improvement on defense. But face it, he's got zero offensive skills, even blows putbacks and layups. He's not a rim defender. He's not an explosive athlete. And he fouls a lot, for no good reason.

So I suppose we could see him transferring when he gets back.

I don't blame the kid at all. Looks like he's trying hard. I don't blame the player for what the coach does. Rose brought him in, I guess, because he thought he couldn't recruit anyone better. Or he completely whiffed on his evaluation.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote