cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 03:15 AM   #21
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick It In Him
Wow. Paying back welfare checks = one has a sense of personal responsibility.

Cookie Monster and PBS arent welfare. Never said they were. I was just joshing you by saying "spoken like a true welfare recipient".
How about responsibility to your child. If you can't afford to feed your chidren healthy food, isn't it your responsibility to take the food stamps and buy the government cheese and meat in a white can, and take it home to your babies?

How did you pay back your Pell Grant? Did you write a check, separate from your taxes, that said, "To pay back my Pell Grant?"
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:17 AM   #22
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
How about responsibility to your child. If you can't afford to feed your chidren healthy food, isn't it your responsibility to take the food stamps and buy the government cheese and meat in a white can, and take it home to your babies?
Not a problem at all. Just pay back the tit.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:21 AM   #23
Robin

Quote:
Not a problem at all. Just pay back the tit.
How do you pay back the teet? Did you write a separate check to pay for the Pell Grant? It isn't like the government looks at your taxes and says, "This man had a Pell Grant. Apply his taxes to the Pell Grant program BEFORE anything is taken out to pay for national defense or FEMA, or anything else!"

Nope... sorry bud. Unless you wrote a separate check, which the government wouldn't even accept, you have probably only paid back pennies on the dollar for your Pell Grant.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:24 AM   #24
Colly Wolly

Quote:
How do you pay back the teet? Did you write a separate check to pay for the Pell Grant? It isn't like the government looks at your taxes and says, "This man had a Pell Grant. Apply his taxes to the Pell Grant program BEFORE anything is taken out to pay for national defense or FEMA, or anything else!"

Nope... sorry bud. Unless you wrote a separate check, which the government wouldn't even accept, you have probably only paid back pennies on the dollar for your Pell Grant.
Nope. Its paid back. Now I am paying even more damn taxes. That Pell Grant and my degree have almost been more of a curse than a blessing.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:25 AM   #25
Robin

Quote:
Nope. Its paid back. Now I am paying even more damn taxes. That Pell Grant and my degree have almost been more of a curse than a blessing.

Howq do you know it is paid back? Did the fed g. send you a title?
Old 06-14-2006, 03:26 AM   #26
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Howq do you know it is paid back? Did the fed g. send you a title?
Simple math.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:30 AM   #27
Robin

Quote:
Simple math.
What percent of your tax dollar goes back to the Pell Grant program?

Moreover, is your income in the top 5% in America? If not, the fact is you receive way more in terms of services from your government than you receive.

I don't know how you sleep at night. You should buck up and show some personal responsibility... pay more of YOUR share, so that the wealthiest people can pay less, and things will be closer to fair. Pay extra on your taxes, so that you are paying your fair share.

Personal responsibility.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:32 AM   #28
Colly Wolly

Quote:
What percent of your tax dollar goes back to the Pell Grant program?

Moreover, is your income in the top 5% in America? If not, the fact is you receive way more in terms of services from your government than you receive.

I don't know how you sleep at night. You should buck up and show some personal responsibility... pay more of YOUR share, so that the wealthiest people can pay less, and things will be closer to fair. Pay extra on your taxes, so that you are paying your fair share.

Personal responsibility.
After you have paid back your welfare checks, then you can tell me about personal responsibility and paying back the tit.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:36 AM   #29
Robin

Quote:
After you have paid back your welfare checks, then you can tell me about personal responsibility and paying back the tit.
First I need to understand 'simple math.' Please explain, so I can get to the business of paying back my welfare checks.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:39 AM   #30
Colly Wolly

Quote:
First I need to understand 'simple math.' Please explain, so I can get to the business of paying back my welfare checks.
Sure, here you go. Pay more taxes. If you have a problem understanding the math, you can get around that by hanging outside the welfare office and handing people cash. Alleviate the welfare burden of the tit.