cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 04:19 AM   #71
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Archaea,

My recollection is that you had your ass handed to you on a platter, by my wife, and that you showed yourself to be a hot-headed bigot. Now you have the moxie to refer to the posts that you freaking DELETED in shame as "bullshit liberal doldrums?"

And then you claim to have deleted my WIFE'S posts to piss ME off? You confess to being a man who would sleight a another man's wife to tick off a husband. You call yourself a mod? You call yourself a man?

BEYOND PATHETIC.

Once people pick up your fallen house of cards they will realize what I have known all along... that you were never playing with a full deck.
Your recollection is humorous.

You may have liked the responses because you don't analyze.

Let me rephrase it.

GSA is important, because "you people out there [state this with a sobbign voice] don't know how tough it is for teenagers who are gay."

She or you forgot that many teenagers have it tough, so why will isolate gay teenagers seems very political and soppish. Typical bs. The poster even admitted to being pedantic.

And then it was a bunch of helping crapola. It was no more deep than that.

I did't delete your wife's stuff [if it's even she, I still believe it's you masquerading as a woman]. It was a meaningless thread that offended some people. It was deleted. Slight another man's wife? How could I slight somebody whom I don't even believe is posting. Deleting isn't slighting, it's removing some electronic symbols on the harddrive of a server somewhere.

Notice you engage in ad hominem attacks, I attack the argument, a big distinction.

You're about to be banned again. I even complimented your intelligence, but noted you fail to use it often enough.

But guess what, I did reveal you for what you are, an angry man over internet debates.

Contrast my arguments which were meant to be offensive to wake you up.

Typical liberal bs. It is immutable, end of story. Anybody who would recommend no sex for gays is heartless Homophobe. That's as deep as it gets. No discussion of history, just declarative statements.

OTH,

I introduce the economics of the situation, and nobody wishes to discuss them. Not the right or the left. We're all gutless and frequently thoughtless.

I introduce custom and tradition and the weight of people's of the Book. These peoples are thrown down as heartless, mindless blobs.

There are many other approaches, political, public health, but nobody wishes to discuss those approaches.

Robin, slow down, this is a game and it's not a community.

There is no actual slight to you or anybody else, and if you perceive a slight, then you need to take a break.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:41 AM   #72
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

My opinion of homosexuals has been consistent. I don't care about them or their plight.

I also don't care about the plight of any other self-proclaimed minority group.

I care about me and my family and friends. That's it. I do have a friend who is gay and I care about his econimic well being, but I don't care about his political wants. He knows this and accepts it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:45 AM   #73
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
I did't delete your wife's stuff [if it's even she, I still believe it's you masquerading as a woman]. It was a meaningless thread that offended some people. It was deleted. Slight another man's wife? How could I slight somebody whom I don't even believe is posting. Deleting isn't slighting, it's removing some electronic symbols on the harddrive of a server somewhere.
Thanks Archaea. I think I am smart, but you must take me for a freaking genius. I have posted here enough that a 'Robin' tone is about as easy to recognize as a can of warm piss in pepsi blind taste test. If you think I can step out of my skin and post what Faith posts, you take me for a much smarter man than I really am. But I can understand why you tend to think that she is me. Having your ass handed to you by a woman is probably that much more painful to someone like you.

Hint: Don't debate against posts that YOU FREAKING DELETED. It is the act of a very small man.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:48 AM   #74
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
I care about me and my family and friends. That's it.
Sounds like that whole "love thy neighbor as thyself" thing hasn't quite kicked in yet.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:50 AM   #75
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Thanks Archaea. I think I am smart, but you must take me for a freaking genius. I have posted here enough that a 'Robin' tone is about as easy to recognize as a can of warm piss in pepsi blind taste test. If you think I can step out of my skin and post what Faith posts, you take me for a much smarter man than I really am. But I can understand why you tend to think that she is me. Having your ass handed to you by a woman is probably that much more painful to someone like you.

Hint: Don't debate against posts that YOU FREAKING DELETED. It is the act of a very small man.
You are amusing sets of multiple personalities, but your opinion is not worth the electrons used to post. Not advice, but just information, don't give me advice as I don't respect your opinion, just your intellect which you fail to use. You view this as some sort of fraternity, whereas I view it as a cyberbar where people bs to bs.

Have fun.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:51 AM   #76
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
Sounds like that whole "love thy neighbor as thyself" thing hasn't quite kicked in yet.
Hey, you're Paddy's neighbor. This is love, just not butt love.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:57 AM   #77
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
I'll admit that I need to work on this. My only point is that economically and healthwise, I care about people. I just don't care about their politics.

BTW, that was a nice shot you got in. Well done!

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:58 AM   #78
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
You view this as some sort of fraternity, whereas I view it as a cyberbar where people bs to bs.
Have fun.
For the record, I view this place as 'community.'

Have fun at the cyberbar, where you boast that you try to intentionally piss people off, that you claim to delete threads to anger others, and where you act like a thoughtless jerk (your claim, not mine) intending to wake people from their complacency.

I did that for a few weeks and it nearlly won me a lifetime ban. Keep it up, and maybe you too will wake Mike from his complacency. If only we could all be so lucky.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:14 AM   #79
Faith

Faith is on a distinguished road

This is Faith. I am not Robin, and although I love him dearly, I will never be him. I really don't care for the GSA thread to be restarted. I responded to Archaea's comments in the passion of the moment, because it is an issue I am very connected to and have strong emotions about. I am a little saddened that the thread was deleted - it makes me think that my opinions were not valued. If you haven't noticed I don't participate in many discussions here, I am not very comfortable expressing myself in chat rooms. But, whatever. At this point I feel like it would be artificial to try to recreate the same conversation, and I just don't feel very comfortable and welcome. I do want to let Archaea know that I think that it is extremely rude to accuse my husband of pretending to be me. If he doubts the legitimacy of my posts, he should email me his concerns. Robin does have a strong personality, but I think that both Farrah and Mike will vouch that I can hold my own.
Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:17 AM   #80
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith
This is Faith. I am not Robin, and although I love him dearly, I will never be him. I really don't care for the GSA thread to be restarted. I responded to Archaea's comments in the passion of the moment, because it is an issue I am very connected to and have strong emotions about. I am a little saddened that the thread was deleted - it makes me think that my opinions were not valued. If you haven't noticed I don't participate in many discussions here, I am not very comfortable expressing myself in chat rooms. But, whatever. At this point I feel like it would be artificial to try to recreate the same conversation, and I just don't feel very comfortable and welcome. I do want to let Archaea know that I think that it is extremely rude to accuse my husband of pretending to be me. If he doubts the legitimacy of my posts, he should email me his concerns. Robin does have a strong personality, but I think that both Farrah and Mike will vouch that I can hold my own.
And now I will drink water through a straw while writing my next post with my toes (not that this proves anything, but with faith tapping away on the other side of the room, I can't help but chuckle.)