cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road
Default The DNC rules committee..

I have always thought that rabid anti-Mormons and fanatical Mormons are exactly the same kind of people. Same goes for devout Republican and Democratic party loyalists.

Watching the DNC rules committee yesterday was *almost* enough to turn me into a Republican.

I have never seen a group of whinier babies in my life. Donna Brazile was awesome, though. See below:

SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudphudCoug View Post
I have always thought that rabid anti-Mormons and fanatical Mormons are exactly the same kind of people. Same goes for devout Republican and Democratic party loyalists.

Watching the DNC rules committee yesterday was *almost* enough to turn me into a Republican.

I have never seen a group of whinier babies in my life. Donna Brazile was awesome, though. See below:

It wasn't their finest moment, to be sure. It was a made for tv event (bad tv) and people came with their tv arguments ready to go.

I was frustrated to see how many people were acting like this was a disenfranchisement of voters in Michigan and Florida. It wasn't. Any more than telling someone who shows up to vote at midnight after the polls closed that they can't vote either. The states were told of the consequences of moving up their primary, and they moved up their primary anyways. It isn't the voters' fault, but of what relevance is that? The voters' remedy is to vote out anyone in their state legislature who supported the stupid idea of moving the primary without permission.

The DNC should also be publicly humiliated for eliminating all voting power of Florida and Michigan in the first place. They clearly did not think through what the consequences would be of telling candidates not to campaign in those states and the effect that would have on voters. Awarding votes now to either candidate means that many people, perhaps hundreds of thousands of people, are being locked into a vote they made on bad information at the time the vote was made. The Democrats can hardly argue that the results in Florida or Michigan reflected the will of the voters, and re-allocating votes in Florida and Michigan doesn't look good either.

Florida and Michigan started the mess. The DNC made it worse. Obama and Edwards shouldn't have taken their names off the ballots either. And everyone in the room yesterday shared a good portion of the blame and then wanted to act sanctimonious about either process and rules or the sacred nature of a vote after they had contributed earlier to defecating on all of the above.

Not a great day for the party. Glad it is over. I don't know why Clinton was so excited for the day, either. It isn't like it could have ended any other way, realistically.

Last edited by Cali Coug; 06-01-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I don't know why Clinton was so excited for the day, either. It isn't like it could have ended any other way, realistically.
Because it gives Bill a chance to rant to the media about how persecuted she is.