cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the World Series?
White Sox 6 60.00%
Astros 0 0%
Who Cares... 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road
Default Time to make your predictions

For those that care, and that may be a small list, its time to make some world series predictions.

As painful as it is, I predict the White Sox in 6.

I love the Clemens/Petitte/Oswalt combo. I don't think they have enough offense to sustain them.

I think Chicago starting pitching is going to continue on their absurd pace as in the ALCS. Just enough offense to win.

Clemens gets shelled in game 1.
Oswalt is an all star in game 3.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

So far it's unanimous: White Sox!

I like your prediction of ChiSox in 6 games. I was really doubting them down the stretch, but they sure showed up for the playoffs! I call Konerko for WS MVP and Guillen will have a heart attack on the field in the postgame celebration. Then it'll be another 20 years before they're back.

As I posted on the Board earlier today, for anybody that likes baseball or a good sports event, I think this could be pretty dang good. Of course, I'm partial to pitching over power. Both teams are going to throw out there some amazing pitching that should go to town on the fairly not-awesome bats. And the storylines in this one are much better than Steinbrenner paying $200M for a genuine good guy, a confirmed juicer, a you-know-he's-juicing, the epitome of the evil that is Scott Boras, and a slew of other noncompelling players.

I also think it's funny that everybody treats this like it's a pair of small-market teams when it's teams in two of the largest cities and DMAs in the US.

Anyway... play ball! (tomorrow)
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:06 PM   #3
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ....

i think contreras is lights out and wins the world series mvp...

i think the other pitchers performances were in part due to the angels being tired, hitting the wall emotionally after the botched call, and vlad swinging at the first pitch and chopping the ball into the ground.

i think chi sox in 6 is very solid, and i hope beyond all hope clemons gets rocked...
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:26 PM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's all about pitching...

Houston has Oswalt, Pettit and the Rocket is good, but not like he used to be. White Sox has the better starting rotation and, IMO, a better bullpen.

However, I didn't think the Astros would get past the Cards. I'll stick with the White Sox in 6.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote