cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
We were bored and wanted to mess with Bernard, so we started floating rumors of some big announcement that was coming up re:byu football. People who were not in on it started claiming they heard that too (trying to convince people that they really did have sources) and it even got mentioned on local sports radio. The day that the supposed announcement was coming, there were several board members who had skipped vacations, taken long lunches, etc so they could be online when the announcement came. That link I gave was the post making the announcement (it gave what is now a dead link to bernard4heisman.com) on a site that had tons of photoshopped pictures of bernard, fake quotes from famous athletes/coaches , etc. It all started out as a way to just mess with bernard, but it really ballooned and there were a lot of pissed off people that had been speculating what the announcement would be for the previous week.
i was a teller at the time... i took a long lunch and got in big trouble.. after i explained everything to my boss and how important BYU football she understood. sort of. I know Tim felt really bad.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote