cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
El Guapo

El Guapo is on a distinguished road
Default Who should the Jazz draft tonight?

Si.com lists Douby as being the Jazz pick. I would like to see a capable perimiter shooter on the Jazz to open up the middle for their big men, but I would also like to see a competent center go to the Jazz. I have heard some really good things about Sene.

What are the chances the Jazz trade their two second round picks to move up and get Sene and Douby?

What would you give up in addition, if anything, to get Sene also?
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:36 PM   #2
TyronneBiggums

TyronneBiggums is on a distinguished road

I don't want Douby.

I think the guys I want in the second round are Mike Gansey. Sene would be my pick at 14 and then I would see if Godon Giracek and 1 of our 2s could move us up into round 1 again.

If we could move up and get Shannon Brown, I would move GG and New York's 2010 pick. That is just what I would do though.
TyronneBiggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:44 PM   #3
El Guapo

El Guapo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyronneBiggums
I don't want Douby.

I think the guys I want in the second round are Mike Gansey. Sene would be my pick at 14 and then I would see if Godon Giracek and 1 of our 2s could move us up into round 1 again.

If we could move up and get Shannon Brown, I would move GG and New York's 2010 pick. That is just what I would do though.
Why not Douby? He is a great shooter from all I have heard. I never saw him play because he played for Rutgers, and who gets Rutgers games?

Analysts seem pretty high on him, though.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
TyronneBiggums

TyronneBiggums is on a distinguished road

I don't think that he plays a lick of defense. I am also high on CJ Miles. Did you see his final game of the season? He lit up golden state for I think 25 points or something like that. I like Shannon Brown because I think that he has the ability to handle the ball and play alongside both DEron and CJ or Gordon. He's better than Kieth or Miltshaker in my opinion.

Sene gives them some size and shot blocking that nobody on their team now has.
TyronneBiggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:24 PM   #5
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Here in Nor Cal, everyone is talking about the Kings and Warriors trading 1st and possibly 2nd round picks for proven, veteran impact players. Not a bad idea for the Jazz either. Or any team for that matter. There really isn't anyone in this years draft that gets me too excited. Many are predicting Tyrus Thomas (Is that right? The leaper from LSU) as a top 10 pick. That says alot about the quality of the draft. He's a fun guy to watch in college, but I can't imagine he'll amount to much of anything in the pros.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote