cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Men are better at women in all sports including sports that are dominated by women. For example Gymnastics men are better gymnasts, men are better dancers (ask SU) men are better at every sport. Thats just the way it is.

I have told this story before but I played at 24 hour fitness with 3 WNBA players. I had myself and 2 other guys that are average at best. We dominated them, they made a few shots but other than that they were highschool JV level if that.
Speaking of this, a few years ago I was having a discussion with a co-worker about the WNBA. He was wondering how much sexism and homophobia really play a part in the un-popularity of the WNBA. I argued that it was largely quality driven.

I then walked him through the following set of questions.

If the WNBA Champs and the NBA champs played each other, who would win? His answer was quick and unwavering...the NBA champs.

I then proceeded to lower the quality level of the potential WBNA Champs opponent, but his answer remained the same....

1. The WNBA Champs vs the last-place NBA team? (Men would win)
2. ...vs the NCAA Men's tourney champs?
3. ....vs the 64th seed in the Tournament?
4. ...vs the Indiana State Boys High School champs?
5. ....vs a boys high school varsity league champion?
6. ....vs an average boys high school varsity team?
7. .....vs a high school JV boys team?.....

It was only on the 7th question that he conceded that the women would have a good chance, simply because the boys' bodies would not all be fully developed quite yet.

So, in essence, the NBA is trying to promote a league that is "likely" about as good as a boys HS JV basketball team. well, take a look at a JV hoops game and see who attends....friends and family. No wonder the WNBA is on life support.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote