cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm going to die at ULCER...

I'm not riding nearly as much as I have been earlier in the summer... I probably would still die riding what I was. Since I started at the new job, waking up at 5:30am has become much more difficult, longer hours at work make it tough to find enough time to ride between spending time with the family (the little girl is just too much fun!), school, church calling, etc.

Besides not feeling like I've prepared my body enough, I really have no idea what to expect will happen after about 50 miles... I'll just watch Magnificent 7.. I should be okay after that right?!
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

your first century is a treat.

How far will you ride Saturday?

One key: nutrition. Eat well before, eat during, and hydrate. It won't be so bad then.

My wife's longest distance prior to her first century: forty miles. We did 108, one week after her marathon. She was a trooper.

Piney doesn't do long rides. Viking, Sam and I will do okay, but don't worry brother, it will be fun. You haven't provided me your cell.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

me too, and to top it all off, last night I strained my lower back playing coed softball(I know, I know, mock away) So I am going to do nothing till saturday when I have a triathlon, and hope at least the bike portion feels good. Will take it day to day till next saturday.

I am going to ride even if it kills me.

I am glad that someone else doesn't feel ready, we can keep each other company as the rest of the team rides away from us.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Piney doesn't do long rides.
Damn straight. My longest to date is around 40. but I am really looking forward to this.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

One key: nutrition. Eat well before, eat during, and hydrate. It won't be so bad then.

My wife's longest distance prior to her first century: forty miles. We did 108, one week after her marathon. She was a trooper.
I did back-to-back 50 mile days with the teachers last week - on mtn bikes no less. At the end of the second day I was slurring my speech. I'm not sure why. I think it was dehydration?
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
bYuPride

Quote:

How far will you ride Saturday?

Piney doesn't do long rides. Viking, Sam and I will do okay, but don't worry brother, it will be fun. You haven't provided me your cell.
thanks for the advice.. i'm planning on doing a 60 miler on saturday... my plan is to just hang on for as long as i can with the group then if i have to peel off i'll find some fat guy to ride behind.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
I am glad that someone else doesn't feel ready, we can keep each other company as the rest of the team rides away from us.

you're in luck, i just came into some good jokes. we'll have fun.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 08-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #8
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Pride, if the century is as flat as it sounds you should survive.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Mike as much as you can. Because most likely miking will be hard to come by in the last 20 miles.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #10
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
maybe death was a bit of a dramatic projected outcome, but i'm not looking forward to this supposed "limping to the finish"...

"I'm on my beater bike"