cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #11
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisqueyano View Post
I work in the Cottonwood Corporate center just south of the old Mill golf course. I ride Big Cottonwood Canyo 4 or 5 times a week. If you really want to get in shape fast, ride that canyon. It will kick your but.
Also, when do you ride up the canyon? just after work or what?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe it's safer to ride early morning as opposed to after work in those regions, just my opinion and observation.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:03 AM   #13
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
Also, when do you ride up the canyon? just after work or what?
I ride on my lunch break. I usually start from my ofice at 12:30. Thereare as many bikes there as cars. I have neverfelt unsafe up there.
Little Cottonwood is even more difficult. It is arelentlessclimb that never ends.
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:13 AM   #14
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisqueyano View Post
I ride on my lunch break. I usually start from my ofice at 12:30. Thereare as many bikes there as cars. I have neverfelt unsafe up there.
Little Cottonwood is even more difficult. It is arelentlessclimb that never ends.
So you just put on your cycling clothes and ride up and down the canyon for 45 minutes and then shower and put your suit back on? assuming you have to wear a shirt and tie I guess... I would love to ride on my lunch break too, but I just don't see how I could fit it in unless I took a long lunch I guess..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #15
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
So you just put on your cycling clothes and ride up and down the canyon for 45 minutes and then shower and put your suit back on? assuming you have to wear a shirt and tie I guess... I would love to ride on my lunch break too, but I just don't see how I could fit it in unless I took a long lunch I guess..
Pretty much. I ride 45 minutes up, 15 back down, shower and get back to work.I try and get further in the 45 minutes up than I have the previous days. It's a good measure of my progress.
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote