cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 06:05 AM   #51
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
duh.
Stupid is a stupid does ... roll Tide roll!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #52
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
CSU, AFA, Wyo, Utah, and TCU can all beat us.
i think you could add unm to that list

-- Ken Loach
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #53
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

We won't but could lose to every single team in conference. UNLV on any given day could be us, SDSU could, UNM could.

This team is undisciplined, plays piss poor defense and shoots itself in the foot. Right now, the coaches have their heads handed to them, and we'll see how they right themselves. The difference between this and Crowton's is I don't believe they'll panic, even though there is great cause for concern.

Tulsa will be whipped by Oklahoma and we'll see that they are average. BYU is very average due to a lack of speed at corner, at running back and at receiver.

The main item that galls me is the lack of discipline in the mindless penalty department. I kinda viewed BYU under Bronco as probably becoming more disciplined. Boy was I wrong in that department. We are a undisciplined group of ninnies, making the silliest and most inane of penalties. This could be a very rocky year if things keep falling.

It also appears that no team wants to win conference.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #54
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Tulsa will be whipped by Oklahoma and we'll see that they are average. BYU is very average due to a lack of speed at corner, at running back and at receiver.
wide out (Collie was plenty fast yesterday) and running back weren't problem positions yesterday, our lack of speed in the secondary absolutely killed us

Quote:
It also appears that no team wants to win conference.
it sure seems that way

-- Ken Loach
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #55
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
This game looked like 2005 all over again. Kayle Buchanan was torched time and time again, Quinn Gooch played one of the worst games i have ever seen a safety play he bit on every single play fake. Once Brandon Howard entered the game they took the deep ball away, until the long one at the end on Criddle.

14 penalties to Tulsas 4, say what you want, we are undisciplined but come on their is holding on almost every play in football the discrepancy cant be that bad. Travis Bright and Sete Aulai had at least 3 each.

Austin Collie is unbelievable looked awesome.

Max Hall needs to develp that clock in his head he saw a corner blitz at the end looked right at it, yet he still held on to the ball. He did this several times in the game holds the ball way to long and he is averaging over 3 turnovers a game. With a pick 6 in back to back games (he should have had one against AZ but the guy dropped it).

Defensive be ready, Tulsa kept matching up recievers with our LBs and Safeties and torching them, we are going to see the long ball early and often for the rest of the year.

All around a horrible game, i do agree with tooblue run the damn ball. We averaged close to 10 yards a pop in the 2nd half, adn got down 12 with 11 minutes left and went with and out with all 3 being incomplete passes.

Hall has all the potential in the world but he needs to get better at a few things and make less mistakes, i will say that neither pick was his fault, the first one George cut off the route and it actually looked like PI, and the second one was off of Tongas hands (1 of his 4 drops).

Anyways we need to right hte ship in a hurry.
I agree 100% with everything said here.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote