cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #41
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think perhaps the best way to understand me and Archaea-types is to mentally picturing Michael Jordan, not shooting a game winning basket, but sitting in the back of the bus on the way to next baseball game.

The rest of the world didn't understand. But me and Archaea understand.
Love the analogy. The implied comparison to MJ is hysterical, but the analogy was beautiful.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #42
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Oh, I don't have a problem with your "non-complacency". It is your penchant for negativism and your condescension that puzzle me at times. In other words, your tendency to mistake perspective and balance as complacency.
Have you ever been taught a specific skill or craft by an expert? How did you respond when you were told you were doing something incorrectly?

Have you met the person for whom everything is personal? The person for whom any correction is an affront?

I tend to piss these people off. Since the day I was born.

Forget Michael Jordon, let's go straight to Jesus Christ. He came with a sword. Maybe I didn't come with a sword, but I came with a pocketknife at the very least.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #43
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

You came with a kitty litter scoop and a plastic bag.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #44
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Did you just compare yourself to Micheal Jordan? You have exactly one athletic achievment in your life and that is getting popped in teh nose at a ward basketball game, that is probably the most you have ever contributed in your life at a sporting event and that is only because it allowed your own team to sit your ass on the bench.
I wish you had something that would allow me to wittily and cuttingly respond. But this one is like when the drunk staggers from the stool and says "put up your dukes." You don't know whether to laugh or knock him on his butt.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #45
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
You came with a kitty litter scoop and a plastic bag.
See Indy knows exactly how this all works. Witty, cutting and insulting rejoinder that makes me chuckle.

CJ, sorry I said you should spoon Bronco's prevent D, and suck in your gut. I guess you weren't chuckling after you read that.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #46
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Forget Michael Jordon, let's go straight to Jesus Christ. He came with a sword. Maybe I didn't come with a sword, but I came with a pocketknife at the very least.
Mike, this the greatest man can accomplish in mortal life...you make my nipples hard. LOL!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #47
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Have you ever been taught a specific skill or craft by an expert? How did you respond when you were told you were doing something incorrectly?
Yes, I have. I responded by listening and correcting myself. What's your point?

Quote:
Have you met the person for whom everything is personal? The person for whom any correction is an affront?

I tend to piss these people off. Since the day I was born.

Don't get me wrong, Mike. I like your style and I typically root for you. And I think you are extremely bright. But sometimes you are just FOS (as are we all at times). Not only that, but you elevate your obstinacy to some sort of zen-like, higher state of consciousness.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #48
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

I'm picturing Mike listening to Eminem Lose Yourself while he gets ready to watch a BYU game and comment on it.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #49
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Don't get me wrong, Mike. I like your style and I typically root for you. And I think you are extremely bright. But sometimes you are just FOS (as are we all at times). Not only that, but you elevate your obstinacy to some sort of zen-like, higher state of consciousness.

Replace "clouds" with "know it all sports fan".

Know it all sports fans tend to flock to sports message boards.