cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #41
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
First, settle down, put your hands in your pockets or if you need to, run over and rip a phone book in half and then come back and sit down.

You are right....LES is not a fantastic game-day experience.....in fact, it is pretty marginal, but it is all we have. Every time I see Tom Holmoe I bug him about tailgating and pep rallies. He is probably sick of it by now. The tailgate atmosphere sucks at BYU.....but nevertheless, YARDTIME and bucko did one for the wyoming game and we had a great time. They didnt let the lack of participation by others dampen their own enthusiasm. All these improvements have to start somewhere.

It is always better to go and support (when you can), than to not attend.

Speaking of the Wyoming game, that place was a morgue. You could hear individuals clapping in the North or South endzones, and i was sitting in the east stands.
I've never been to a game at LES that got as quiet as that one did there in the second half.

Which was REALLY annoying, considering the chatter of the fools sitting behind us.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #42
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
what's wrong with playing Hawaii? Better than another 1-AA team.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #43
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I am seriously pissed.

Exhibit A on Bronco being a pussy. He wants this WAC/MWC schedule.

God, I hope this entire earth blows up in Armageddon before then.
It would be nice to play A&M or a Big 12 team. Of course, most of those teams are too busy trying to play the Sunbelt teams.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #44
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Unfortunately this is correct. We have a lot of idiot fans who get fired up about an 11-1 team that would be 8-4 with someone else's schedule. They would rather go 3-0 against Utah State, Northern Iowa and Weber St than go 2-1 against Oklahoma, ASU, and Cal.
it seems every time BYU plays a big name team it's in a "down" year. Washington and UCLA are big name programs, but we beat them and everyone just talks about how bad they are.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #45
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Then I want to see the evidence.

I want to see the TV networks complain about the lack of marquee non-conf games. I want to see multiple ADs complain.
They are complaining. Did you miss the article posted on here recently about Nebraska mad that the mid majors want home and homes now? The difference with BYU is the size of our stadium. Money isn't the issue. They just don't want to take the risk with a team like BYU.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #46
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
it seems every time BYU plays a big name team it's in a "down" year. Washington and UCLA are big name programs, but we beat them and everyone just talks about how bad they are.
Wait until next year when we play Florida State.....they suck right now, too.

It actually is a good strategy.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote