cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 08:53 PM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Fusnik on this one, Norm finds a way to get Reggie involved early and often, he doesnt allow texas to take him out of the game.

The defense did not contain vince but USC has a good enough offense to outscore texas in a shootout.

Also the million dollar mistake was the timeout on the two point conversion. IF they have a timeout left on that last pass to reggie he makes a man miss and gets them in to fieldgoal range instead of having to go out of bounds.

Also Norm has Leinart ready, leinart looked very rattled early.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:07 PM   #12
cougjunkie

wI agree with Fusnik on this one, Norm finds a way to get Reggie involved early and often, he doesnt allow texas to take him out of the game.

The defense did not contain vince but USC has a good enough offense to outscore texas in a shootout.

Also the million dollar mistake was the timeout on the two point conversion. IF they have a timeout left on that last pass to reggie he makes a man miss and gets them in to fieldgoal range instead of having to go out of bounds.

Also Norm has Leinart ready, leinart looked very rattled early.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #13
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay
Default Norm is not a great coach.

Think what you want, but I still say it was good riddance for the Y. USC lost the championship game because Texas had a superior defense and an offense that USC couldn't contain. I also think that Leinart will be an average NFL qb at best. He's not consistent enough. Reggie Bush is the star on that team, not the qb.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:13 PM   #14
VAX77

VAX77
Default Re: Norm is not a great coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay
Think what you want, but I still say it was good riddance for the Y. USC lost the championship game because Texas had a superior defense and an offense that USC couldn't contain. I also think that Leinart will be an average NFL qb at best. He's not consistent enough. Reggie Bush is the star on that team, not the qb.
Superior defense??? USC put up a hell of a lot of yards on Texas. Mistakes on their part cost them the game. Also, whether you like him or hate him, I would want Norm over anyone else in my press box. I think Fusnik is trying to say that Norm would have called a different game, one where Bush probably would not have tried to force a play with that lateral, where Bush would have been in when he needed to be and where they would have forced texas to go 70-80 yards on the last drive, not 40...You may not like the guy but look at his track record, the guy made BYU, made NCstate and P Rivers offensively, made USC's offense with two heisman's and two national championships. All told, he has coached three heismans, three national championships, and I would love to see an overall offensive ranking for his teams as well. The guy is a stud and BYU fans who say they wouldn't want him don't have any sense what so ever, IMO.
VAX77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #15
Black Diamond Bay

Default Norm sucks...

Who cares how many yards they put up against the Texas defense? The Texas offense put up more points on the USC defense, and that's what counts. USC fans are the whiniest bunch of poor losers I've ever seen. I have yet to meet one that will just say "USC lost the national championship game to Texas. Texas is the number one team in the nation." USC fans all have a neverending list of reasons for why "USC should have won the game, deserved the win and they're still the better team, Matt Leinart is my hero, blah, blah, blah." You appear to be just like the rest, and your irrational defense of USC has left me with no other choice than to conclude that you are far too emotional to be reasoned with. Your useless prattle about the accomplishments of Norm Chow are of no interest to me, and I frankly didn't bother to read them. He sucks, and USC was having the same kind of complaints about him that we heard while he was at BYU.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:47 PM   #16
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Norm sucks...

Quote:
Who cares how many yards they put up against the Texas defense? The Texas offense put up more points on the USC defense, and that's what counts. USC fans are the whiniest bunch of poor losers I've ever seen. I have yet to meet one that will just say "USC lost the national championship game to Texas. Texas is the number one team in the nation." USC fans all have a neverending list of reasons for why "USC should have won the game, deserved the win and they're still the better team, Matt Leinart is my hero, blah, blah, blah." You appear to be just like the rest, and your irrational defense of USC has left me with no other choice than to conclude that you are far too emotional to be reasoned with. Your useless prattle about the accomplishments of Norm Chow are of no interest to me, and I frankly didn't bother to read them. He sucks, and USC was having the same kind of complaints about him that we heard while he was at BYU.
bdb, slow down girlfriend...

lets look at this like rational adults that have no sexual organs...

a. norm has coached four heisman trophy winners...
b. 3 heisman trophy winners were coached by norm...
c. has coached 5 i believe davey o'brien winners....
d. has coached 20 plus all americans....
e. offensive mastermind behind 2 national championships....

how can you honestly say he sucks?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #17
Black Diamond Bay

Default Norm

Norm Chow is not a qb coach Doug Scoville on the other hand...
Old 01-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #18
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Norm Chow is not a qb coach Doug Scoville on the other hand...
you still have yet to address the question i posed....

how can you honestly say he sucks? if you hate the dude for personal reasons say you hate the dude, but to say he sucks at his profession is laughable.

one could make the argument he is the greatest oc to ever coach in college...
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:15 PM   #19
cougjunkie

BDB did Cameron Chow stand you up or break your heart? Why so much animosity?
Old 01-09-2006, 11:24 PM   #20
Black Diamond Bay

Default Chow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie
BDB did Cameron Chow stand you up or break your heart? Why so much animosity?

I assume that his son. I didn't even know he had one.