cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #21
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay
Norm Chow is not a qb coach Doug Scoville on the other hand...
you still have yet to address the question i posed....

how can you honestly say he sucks? if you hate the dude for personal reasons say you hate the dude, but to say he sucks at his profession is laughable.

one could make the argument he is the greatest oc to ever coach in college...
Because his offenses are only effective when he's working with superior talent. Because his play calling falls into a rut and becomes predictable. (You should have come out here and listen to the USC radio stations after the games if you think it was just BYU fans that complained about that.) Because he plays favorites with the polynesians and destroys team unity. Because he is hard to work with and creates issues with other members of the coaching staff.

...and I have no personal issue with Norm Chow other than I got sick of listening to him rip on BYU a long time ago.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:09 AM   #22
VAX77

VAX77
Default Re: Norm sucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay
You appear to be just like the rest, and your irrational defense of USC has left me with no other choice than to conclude that you are far too emotional to be reasoned with. Your useless prattle about the accomplishments of Norm Chow are of no interest to me, and I frankly didn't bother to read them. He sucks, and USC was having the same kind of complaints about him that we heard while he was at BYU.
I said in one of my earlier posts that whether you love him or hate him, his accomplishments stand for themselves. If destroying team unity, favoring poly's and blah blah blah are what he does, then where can I sign him up, because he gets results. Dude, I am not a USC fan, I am just impressed with what they have done and who they are. I also am impressed with Norm Chow for what he has done. Thats all. If you ignore anything and everything you dont like than who is the one that is too emotionally involved. I can deal with Texas winning the national championship. I do not like them and I have never tried to hide that fact, but I do not think I am too irrational, there are plenty of others who have agreed with me here who I think are very level-headed. I have nothing personal against you and I hope you can patch things up with cameron.
VAX77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:19 AM   #23
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
a. norm has coached four heisman trophy winners...
b. 3 heisman trophy winners were coached by norm...
c. has coached 5 i believe davey o'brien winners....
d. has coached 20 plus all americans....
e. offensive mastermind behind 2 national championships....
Can you run a and b by me again?
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:31 AM   #24
VAX77

VAX77

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
Quote:
a. norm has coached four heisman trophy winners...
b. 3 heisman trophy winners were coached by norm...
c. has coached 5 i believe davey o'brien winners....
d. has coached 20 plus all americans....
e. offensive mastermind behind 2 national championships....
Can you run a and b by me again?
He was not counting Reggie Bush in b as winning it while he was there, but Reggie flourished under Chow's offense prior to him leaving
VAX77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #25
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAX77
I said in one of my earlier posts that whether you love him or hate him, his accomplishments stand for themselves. If destroying team unity, favoring poly's and blah blah blah are what he does, then where can I sign him up, because he gets results. Dude, I am not a USC fan, I am just impressed with what they have done and who they are. I also am impressed with Norm Chow for what he has done. Thats all. If you ignore anything and everything you dont like than who is the one that is too emotionally involved. I can deal with Texas winning the national championship. I do not like them and I have never tried to hide that fact, but I do not think I am too irrational, there are plenty of others who have agreed with me here who I think are very level-headed. I have nothing personal against you and I hope you can patch things up with cameron.
I don't believe that Norm Chow was responsible for the qb's at BYU. I don't ignore that you think that he is. I just believe that you are wrong. The USC offense is good because the players are good. Chow's offense is only compatible with superior talent. I wouldn't expect you to admit that you are irrational. If you don't have a personal problem with me, don't insult me.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #26
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Norm's successes speak for themselves....but for some reason a lot of Cougar fans hold on to an irrational blind hate for the guy.

They refuse to acknowledge his success and the impact he had on the program.

Yes I know about the fallout with the polynesian community while he was here, but I'm talking about TANGIBLE RESULTS ON THE FIELD.

If you argue against it, then I suggest you never ever look up anything regarding stats while he was at BYU. Those who hate him, will always find an irrationl reason to counteract factual results on the field.

Love him or hate him, it is a fact, a proven fact that he's been a fantastic offensive coach.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #27
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
reggie doesnt make some whack job lateral because he would have been coached better,
What a crock of shit.

Quote:
it wouldnt have taken leinart a half to get used to the texas, they dont qb sneak it on 4th down, and on 4th and 2 at the end of the game bush is in the game instead of on the sideline.
And another crock makes a pair. USC had 270 yards offense in the 1st half. Does that sound like a QB that's getting used to Texas? His 1st half numbers were just fine, but his 2nd half numbers happened to be astronomical.

And if you ever paid any attention to USC, even in the Chow years, LenDale was ALWAYS the short yardage back. LenDale had also comfortably converted on every other short yardage run against Texas, prior to the last play.

More typical fusnik ignorance.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #28
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa

If you argue against it, then I suggest you never ever look up anything regarding stats while he was at BYU. Those who hate him, will always find an irrationl reason to counteract factual results on the field.

Love him or hate him, it is a fact, a proven fact that he's been a fantastic offensive coach.
Bingo!

I agree Rocky...it isn't just happenstance that pretty much every QB Chow coached had success. When Leinart goes top 5 this year, he'll have coached 3 QB's drafted in the top 5 of the NFL draft in recent years.

Carson Palmer was a wonder kid coming out of high school and had a less than stellar career going into his senior year. His Junior year ended by USC scoring 6...count'm six points against the Utes...to go from that to a split title in one year? Pretty damn remarkable if you ask me.

Chow can coach, he's a great OC. I'd be interested to know if he had any interest in the Miami OC job. I think he's holding out for a head coaching gig, but regardless of where he is, he'll have success.

He and BYU parted ways and obviously both sides aren't over it. Maybe Chow did become Apathetic towards the end there at BYU, but when you put into a program what he did and get told you aren't going to be the guy...you'd be bitter too. And Cougar fans cannot go around crediting every other coach but Chow for their success.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #29
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
Norm's successes speak for themselves....but for some reason a lot of Cougar fans hold on to an irrational blind hate for the guy.
I don't really think that your someone that has a lot of room to be talking about "irrational blind hate."
Old 01-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #30
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Not sure what you're talking about it, but I'm referring to several Cougar fans feelings towards Norm Chow.

Care to elaborate on your attack towards me?
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote