cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #41
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I know it's not cool to admit, but part of my love for BYU is the aspect of the church representation. And as much as it pains me, I know LDS at competing institutions can sometimes (to much lesser degree), provide that same benefit to the church. That said, let's kill Ben this Saturday.
I think we all identify with the athletes because we share a common faith. Further, our faith is not a "normal" faith if you will. We have our own history and culture that has bred insularity, much of it out of neccesity for a long time. WHO CAN YOU TRUST AND ZERO POPULATION IS NOT THE ANSWER MY FRIEND. I like to see mormons do well in all endeavors whether at the BYU or not. However, I really like the ones at the BYU much, much more. But how that impacts the Church means very little to me. God is in control of His Church and BYU sports just is not part of that big picture, IMO. For most of us I am sure part of supporting BYU has to do with our religious affiliation but for me it is more identification with the athletes than it is hoping that BYU success brings success is building and sustaining the Kingdom of God.

So here is to hard nipples saturday evening for all of Cougarguard and one hell of a sore vagina for that cowering mound of redheaded flesh from the Cornholio Valley? You think the folks of the Martin and Willie Handcart company would have gotten out of dodge when facing the morass of BYU football in the winter of 2004? Shall we not go forward in such a noble cause? On to victory, damnedit!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #42
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I think we all identify with the athletes because we share a common faith. Further, our faith is not a "normal" faith if you will. We have our own history and culture that has bred insularity, much of it out of neccesity for a long time. WHO CAN YOU TRUST AND ZERO POPULATION IS NOT THE ANSWER MY FRIEND. I like to see mormons do well in all endeavors whether at the BYU or not. However, I really like the ones at the BYU much, much more. But how that impacts the Church means very little to me. God is in control of His Church and BYU sports just is not part of that big picture, IMO. For most of us I am sure part of supporting BYU has to do with our religious affiliation but for me it is more identification with the athletes than it is hoping that BYU success brings success is building and sustaining the Kingdom of God.

So here is to hard nipples saturday evening for all of Cougarguard and one hell of a sore vagina for that cowering mound of redheaded flesh from the Cornholio Valley? You think the folks of the Martin and Willie Handcart company would have gotten out of dodge when facing the morass of BYU football in the winter of 2004? Shall we not go forward in such a noble cause? On to victory, damnedit!
So I assume you don't buy Bronco's "BYU football is only a vehicle" garbage.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #43
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
Never, I say NEVER, use the sacred name of Bronco and garbage in the same sentence. You're lucky we don't live in Saudi Arabia.

In Bronco I trust.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #44
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Nice! Way to call Goatnapper out on not sustaining his leaders.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #45
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I am not Bronco's intended audience with that rhetoric. However, I do believe that the intended audience buys it hook, line and sinker. For that I am in love with the toejam that grows between Elder Mendenhall's toes while he is on a Grand Titty packtrip.

Bronco understands that sometimes to catch a "mullah" one must be a "mullah." So he communicates in a language that they understand.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #46
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Give it up. BYU football is a vehicle, NOT UCLA, and if BO wanted to do some good he should've stayed here.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #47
ChinoCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Give it up. BYU football is a vehicle, NOT UCLA, and if BO wanted to do some good he should've stayed here.
instead of looking for solutions to problems, women...
Old 09-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #48
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
instead of looking for solutions to problems, women...
What problem is it that you were trying to solve?
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #49
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Can't imagine why he'd want to leave with a campus full of people who talk like this.
I don't hate Ben, I think he made the decision he felt was best for him at the time. Things have worked out just fine for us. I hope we kick the crap out of him on Saturday, but it has little to do with him leaving. I hope we kick the crap out of everyone we play regardless of religious affiliation.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #50
ChinoCoug

Quote:
What problem is it that you were trying to solve?
baptize as many people as possible through PR now that he's gone