cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 05:09 AM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rumors of our new dynasty have been greatly exagerated.

That was a piss poor performance.

This game has that feeling of the Nevada-Reno debacle that was the beginning of the end of Crowton.

It will be interesting to see if and or how the staff can right this ship.

I think the reality is that what we are seeing is what we expected to see, youthful mistakes. They just gave us blueballs early on by making us think we were reloading rather than rebuilding.

I still choose to be an optimist and believe all is not lost.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:12 AM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

Fortunately we play in the MWC, not CUSA. AFA has shown well, but I would be surprised if anybody we play this season shows as well as Tulsa did tonight. They're a good football team and their QB is money.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That was a piss poor performance.

This game has that feeling of the Nevada-Reno debacle that was the beginning of the end of Crowton.

I think the reality is that what we are seeing is what we expected to see, youthful mistakes. They just gave us blueballs early on by making us think we were reloading rather than rebuilding.

I still choose to be an optimist and believe all is not lost.
No it doesn't, though it was coaching that cost us the game. The reality is this coaching staff will learn from their mistakes ... RUN THE BALL! We did not need to throw a single pass to win tonight.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Fortunately we play in the MWC, not CUSA. AFA has shown well, but I would be surprised if anybody we play this season shows as well as Tulsa did tonight. They're a good football team and their QB is money.
He is an experienced college qb, but despite him I still think BYU should have won.

I am too tired to break down the matchups and whatnot, but it appears to me they kicked the Y's defense asses.

It will be interesting to see how BYU deals with the adversity. If they win the next two, the homerism from the fans of the big blue machine will be back to a feverish pitch.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:16 AM   #5
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Put the cool-aide down man, don't go back to it, learn from this loss. As I said at the begining of the season, I will be very happy with 8 wins.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:18 AM   #6
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
No it doesn't, though it was coaching that cost us the game. The reality is this coaching staff will learn from their mistakes ... RUN THE BALL! We did not need to throw a single pass to win tonight.
I didn't watch it and the gametracker was struggling to tell me what was going on, but I tend to believe that once you realize that you are totally unable to stop the opposing offense it is wise to eat up time on the ground.

On the surface I find it hard to blame the offense, but you might be right.

Regardless, I stay optimistic and believe the Y wins the next two against AFA and UNM.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:18 AM   #7
tooblue

Quote:
He is an experienced college qb, but despite him I still think BYU should have won.

I am too tired to break down the matchups and whatnot, but it appears to me they kicked the Y's defense asses.

It will be interesting to see how BYU deals with the adversity. If they win the next two, the homerism from the fans of the big blue machine will be back to a feverish pitch.
No need to look at match-ups they were the aggressors, more physical and prepared to go for the jugular.

Anae refused to run the ball down their throat and instead threw for 500 yards in a loss ... that's poor playcalling/poor coaching!
Old 09-16-2007, 05:20 AM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

CSU, AFA, Wyo, Utah, and TCU can all beat us.

I think we saw an old fashioned coach's butt whooping today.

Tulsa out-prepared, out-schemed, and out-coached.

But Bronco will get a free pass. Even though we have had two Crowton-esque performances in a row.

All this talk about kids reading their scriptures every morning, and we are still getting Crowton performances.

It's frustrating.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:21 AM   #9
tooblue

Quote:
I didn't watch it and the gametracker was struggling to tell me what was going on, but I tend to believe that once you realize that you are totally unable to stop the opposing offense it is wise to eat up time on the ground.

On the surface I find it hard to blame the offense, but you might be right.

Regardless, I stay optimistic and believe the Y wins the next two against AFA and UNM.
From the get go--playone, our o-line dominated them ... 4, 5, 10 yards a carry every running play. The stopped one run play short of three yards maybe once all game!

The difference between this coaching staff and the previous is they will learn from the mistakes.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:21 AM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
No need to look at match-ups they were the aggressors, more physical and prepared to go for the jugular.

Anae refused to run the ball down their throat and instead threw for 500 yards in a loss ... that's poor playcalling/poor coaching!
you can't run the ball when you are playing catchup the entire game.

We ran the ball a ton in the 2nd half. Look at how much we scored in the 2nd half.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote