cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #31
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
You are getting carried away here Mike. Reminds me of your religion posts on CB and making me feel quilty for coming to your aid vs Indy.
I'm just stating a fact, and I see that you don't disagree with me. You put out the standards which you expect, and I point out that BYU not only is not going to meet your standards, but will probably never meet them under the current regime.

It's sad, it's depressing, it's BYU.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #32
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
You are getting carried away here Mike. Reminds me of your religion posts on CB and making me feel quilty for coming to your aid vs Indy.
Like I said, he's worse than you.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #33
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Like I said, he's worse than you.
LOL

I think I really believe what I say. Mike gets so caught up he starts fishing for whales instead of guppies.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #34
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I mean, isn't it depressing, that even with the high expectations for next year, 1) we will have no chance at the NC even if undefeated, 2) if we lose just one game, we will likely play in Sam Boyd stadium before Christmas.

I feel bad for the players. I feel bad that they have to go to multiple stadiums with fewer fans than some Texas high school games. I feel bad that no one knows who Nixon and Kehl are. That no one will be talking about Unga or Hall (given how little is talked about Colt Brennan).

The quality to revelance ratio has never been worse for BYU than it is right now.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #35
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm just stating a fact, and I see that you don't disagree with me. You put out the standards which you expect, and I point out that BYU not only is not going to meet your standards, but will probably never meet them under the current regime.

It's sad, it's depressing, it's BYU.
Pretty darn close though. Next year UCLA and Washington. USU and Nevada.

Scheduling Nevada sucks, but hey nothing to fire Holmoe over. Out there are a bunch of open dates for OOC. I don't know how they will be fielded, but I really doubt you will see 1AA teams on the schedule.

Right now, I am quite happy with the way the admin. is moving. I think the HC thing is being handled much better. I like what they are doing with the coaches. I have confidence in the management right now.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #36
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I mean, isn't it depressing, that even with the high expectations for next year, 1) we will have no chance at the NC even if undefeated, 2) if we lose just one game, we will likely play in Sam Boyd stadium before Christmas.

I feel bad for the players. I feel bad that they have to go to multiple stadiums with fewer fans than some Texas high school games. I feel bad that no one knows who Nixon and Kehl are. That no one will be talking about Unga or Hall (given how little is talked about Colt Brennan).

The quality to revelance ratio has never been worse for BYU than it is right now.
What's worse for me is that we might have a chance to test ourselves against a top 25 the entire year, including a bowl. We could go 12-1 with one trip up on the road, and wonder for the next 1,000 years how good we really were.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #37
BYU71

Quote:

I am looking forward to going to Washington. I am really excited about UCLA coming to town. Yea, in reality we have a lot less to get excited about than the BCS teams, but that isn't anything new. At least we have some things to get excited about.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #38
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I say if BYU starts winning its out of conference games, THEN we can start complaining about the state of the MWC.

If we're not beating UCLA and Tulsa, what do we have to complain about?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #39
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
I say if BYU starts winning its out of conference games, THEN we can start complaining about the state of the MWC.

If we're not beating UCLA and Tulsa, what do we have to complain about?
The problem is that these schedules are made 7 years in advance. So by the time, according to you, that complaining is merited, it will be too late.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #40
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The problem is that these schedules are made 7 years in advance. So by the time, according to you, that complaining is merited, it will be too late.
Which is why it's a crapshoot.

However, if we schedule BCS schools, be they good or not, we at least get credit for trying.

When we schedule Middle Tennessee State, or EWU, the odds of those schools being good in seven years are dramatically less than a BCS school. True, Vanderbilt may never be good due to a lack of resources dedicated to it, but Florida State has been a traditionally good school and odds are it will be again.