cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default Initial Post, Thought I would come over and check this out...

I know this was made quite a while ago, but it still seems to have the Hen House (AKA Cougarboard) in an uproar. Oh well, I like the GUI here better, and it is nice to be able to add YouTube files to your posts.

Not sure of the board culture over here, but it I get the feeling that I won't be banned for saying that my wife looks hot in her garments like I was a while ago by El Jefe in the hen house.

Now I was asked who recommended me to this board when I was registering, and I cannot for the life of me remember who I was chatting with or posting too. I honestly think it was someone on Utefans. In any case, if the individual who recommended this board to me remembers our conversation, please let me know. I am not sure what that will mean to the administrators, but they are obviously interested in keeping some kind of score.

Finally, knowing the internet personas of several here on this site, I can get this out right from the start:

I love BYU. I am admittedly a homer in regards to the national picture of collegiate sports and BYU's place in it.

I am not a homer in regards to BYU's program and how strong or weak it is in comparison to its conference foes.

Yes I am conservative

Yes I support Mitt Romney and think he is the bomb

No I don't think mankind is responsible for global warming

Yes I think the Sun has something to do with it

No I don't like Al Gore and believe him to be less than honorable.

Yes I believe we all have an obligation to replenish the earth which is why I would rather hunt for my own meat vs. buying it at Walmart and grow my own fruits and vegetables. Am I there yet? Not yet, but summer 2008 is when we start.

Yes I love Europe having lived there for 15 years of my life and being married to a Swede

Yes my years in Europe have impacted my world view and has caused me to suffer from some serious reverse cultural shock upon moving back to the US, especially in areas of Food, Education, Politics, The meaning of Nudity, Pop Culture, Music, LDS Gospel vs. LDS Culture, Banking and Finance, and of course Cell Phone Technology.

I love to debate, but I don't like to argue, so expect me not to rise to the bait, but enjoy discourse. If someone wants to rag on my views, have at it. I don't mind it at all.

Finally I hope it can enjoy reading some of the dialogue here regarding everything from BYU sports to the price of Tea in China, without having to deal with violent emotional swings of fretting by those on CB who feel the sky is falling one minute and the world is their oyster the next.

In any case it will be interesting to see what it is like in this community.

Click on image for my card and blog

Last edited by DJRoss; 10-23-2007 at 07:09 PM.
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the board. It's good to have you here.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome.

We have many categories and appreciate any Europhiles here.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
welcome.

we appreciate Swedish women as well.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

That is not your wife in your avatar, is it?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
DJRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
welcome.

8) Thanks

Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
I know this was made quite a while ago, but it still seems to have the Hen House (AKA Cougarboard) in an uproar. Oh well, I like the GUI here better, and it is nice to be able to add YouTube files to your posts.

Not sure of the board culture over here, but it I get the feeling that I won't be banned for saying that my wife looks hot in her garments like I was a while ago by El Jefe in the hen house.

Now I was asked who recommended me to this board when I was registering, and I cannot for the life of me remember who I was chatting with or posting too. I honestly think it was someone on Utefans. In any case, if the individual who recommended this board to me remembers our conversation, please let me know. I am not sure what that will mean to the administrators, but they are obviously interested in keeping some kind of score.

Finally, knowing the internet personas of several here on this site, I can get this out right from the start:

I love BYU. I am admittedly a homer in regards to the national picture of collegiate sports and BYU's place in it.

I am not a homer in regards to BYU's program and how strong or weak it is in comparison to its conference foes.

Yes I am conservative

Yes I support Mitt Romney and think he is the bomb

No I don't think mankind is responsible for global warming

Yes I think the Sun has something to do with it

No I don't like Al Gore and believe him to be less than honorable.

Yes I believe we all have an obligation to replenish the earth which is why I would rather hunt for my own meat vs. buying it at Walmart and grow my own fruits and vegetables. Am I there yet? Not yet, but summer 2008 is when we start.

Yes I love Europe having lived there for 15 years of my life and being married to a Swede

Yes my years in Europe have impacted my world view and has caused me to suffer from some serious reverse cultural shock upon moving back to the US, especially in areas of Food, Education, Politics, The meaning of Nudity, Pop Culture, Music, LDS Gospel vs. LDS Culture, Banking and Finance, and of course Cell Phone Technology.

I love to debate, but I don't like to argue, so expect me not to rise to the bait, but enjoy discourse. If someone wants to rag on my views, have at it. I don't mind it at all.

Finally I hope it can enjoy reading some of the dialogue here regarding everything from BYU sports to the price of Tea in China, without having to deal with violent emotional swings of fretting by those on CB who feel the sky is falling one minute and the world is their oyster the next.

In any case it will be interesting to see what it is like in this community.
Welcome.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
DJRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
That is not your wife in your avatar, is it?
LOL, no it is my lovely daughter about ready to give me a kiss on the cheek.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

you look like a young Abraham Lincoln. Or should I say, Babe-raham.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #10
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
LOL, no it is my lovely daughter about ready to give me a kiss on the cheek.
Did you get in trouble on CB for your facial hair?

*rimshot*

Daughters are cool. I have two myself.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote