cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #21
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Apologizing? It seemed these arguments (yards vs points) were centered around the 2003 defense, not the offense. Was I apologizing for Bronco by blaming the discrepancy on the piss-poor offensive production and numerous turnovers from Crowton's offense? Yeah, I was apologizing for Crowton....

BTW, my PED stat was developed after those particular wars were being waged.
I don't know. I just remember I was kicking your ass for a while and then all of a sudden I was kicked off Cougarboard.

*joking* it's all good, indy.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #22
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Booing. He's got to get over it. That's small man again. Be bigger than it, Bronco. I heard this victim talk at the fireside last week. Those passionate fans are the ones that enable you to make $1M coaching a SPORT. You are living the dream, and it's because of those passionate fans. Embrace them. Validate them for being passionate.
Yeah! Embrace those jerks!

Quote:
I think it's probably for the purpose of blowing smoke up people like Tex's arse who actually believe BYU FB is a worthiness contest.
I really don't know where you come up with crap like this.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 11-07-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #23
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
How would a coach for the Yankees or Eagles do complaining about booing? "You guys are jerks. You better stop or this job won't be as fun." It's a sport. It's for fun. You're getting paid 20 times the median income for the area. You talk about Hawaii surf vacations in the same talk you complain about booing. He can handle it. If you take out all the fans that boo or voice displeasure or complain on internet boards or piss and moan at the water cooler, you'd be left with La Tech if that. If he can't handle those fans, go back to little time sports.

Quote:
I really don't know where you come up with crap like this.
Admit it, you love it when Bronco talks about worthiness.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #24
jay santos

Quote:
P.S. Tex, Bronco called out "58,000" fans who "booed me my first game". Are you really calling every BYU season ticket holder and student that was at that game jerks? Are you calling the 10,000 fans who collectively groaned when Reed was called for his third penalty in a half, who Bronco interpeted as booing, jerks? Did you groan to yourself when you saw Reed do that? Are you calling yourself a jerk?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #25
Tex

Quote:
How would a coach for the Yankees or Eagles do complaining about booing? "You guys are jerks. You better stop or this job won't be as fun." It's a sport. It's for fun. You're getting paid 20 times the median income for the area. You talk about Hawaii surf vacations in the same talk you complain about booing. He can handle it. If you take out all the fans that boo or voice displeasure or complain on internet boards or piss and moan at the water cooler, you'd be left with La Tech if that. If he can't handle those fans, go back to little time sports.
Translation: "They may be jerks, but hell, they bought a ticket. Let 'em crap on ya, and smile while they do it!"

Quote:
Admit it, you love it when Bronco talks about worthiness.
The HC is an important part of the BYU experience, but it doesn't supercede wins except in extreme cases.

Quote:
P.S. Tex, Bronco called out "58,000" fans who "booed me my first game". Are you really calling every BYU season ticket holder and student that was at that game jerks? Are you calling the 10,000 fans who collectively groaned when Reed was called for his third penalty in a half, who Bronco interpeted as booing, jerks? Did you groan to yourself when you saw Reed do that? Are you calling yourself a jerk?
I doubt Bronco thought each and every fan was booing, but I'm just reaching here. I think he was trying to make a point, which you are valiantly trying to pretend you don't get.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 11-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #26
jay santos

Quote:
Translation: "They may be jerks, but hell, they bought a ticket. Let 'em crap on ya, and smile while they do it!"

The HC is an important part of the BYU experience, but it doesn't supercede wins except in extreme cases.

I doubt Bronco thought each and every fan was booing, but I'm just reaching here. I think he was trying to make a point, which you are valiantly trying to pretend you don't get.
Crapping on someone <> 10K fans collectively groaning when Reed gets called for third penalty in a half.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #27
Tex

Quote:
Crapping on someone <> 10K fans collectively groaning when Reed gets called for third penalty in a half.
Fine. We'll make a "collective groan" exception clause in the General Handbook of Good Manners.

There are ample enough examples of fans actually actively booing their own players and/or their own coach, and plenty of them proud to pronounce their "right" to do so. And it's stupid.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 11-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #28
jay santos

Quote:
Fine. We'll make a "collective groan" exception clause in the General Handbook of Good Manners.

There are ample enough examples of fans actually actively booing their own players and/or their own coach, and plenty of them proud to pronounce their "right" to do so. And it's stupid.
Boring
Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #29
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Jay, what's your problem with a coach that sticks up for a player that gets booed? Does Bronco's complaint strike too close to home for you or something?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #30
Tex

Quote:
Boring
Boooooooooooooooooo!

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young