cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
He whined about having to play thursday nite games.

The only comment I heard from him about the field of play was that this year the field was properly shorn and in Gary's opinion there is nothing quite like a closely shorn playing surface.......

I understand that the slippery surface is the result of BYU covering the field with a tarp.

However, I did have some funn on Utefans when they got into this whinefest. That is the one thing I love about BYU being good, it gets others to whine and I just like to taunt whiners no matter who they root for. But those that whine about BYU are easier because they will inevitably bring up BYU "thinking itself holy" and such targets are too much a temptation for me to hold back dumping a bit of salt in the wounds.
From November to early February, Provo routinely gets very humid at night, with fog not an infrequent visitor. Wet grass is to be expected for night games; I seriously doubt it was because of the tarp.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #12
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
From November to early February, Provo routinely gets very humid at night, with fog not an infrequent visitor. Wet grass is to be expected for night games; I seriously doubt it was because of the tarp.
I don't really care what causes these things, I want people to whine. They are easy to incite and that makes for great entertainment.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't really care what causes these things, I want people to whine. They are easy to incite and that makes for great entertainment.
You did a great job of working folks at utefans. Had me laughing about it. I especially like how Vegas Ute thinks you're being serious about it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #14
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
You did a great job of working folks at utefans. Had me laughing about it. I especially like how Vegas Ute thinks you're being serious about it.
Correcting my stories that are really not mythical. Reminds of BYU fans arguing for hours that the national championship was legitimate.

But hey what can one expect from a fanbase that appears to place a higher priority on an exciting interview than being able to score against UNLV.

BYU whiners are still more fun to mock, but alas El Jefe does not give me that privilege.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Correcting my stories that are really not mythical. Reminds of BYU fans arguing for hours that the national championship was legitimate.

But hey what can one expect from a fanbase that appears to place a higher priority on an exciting interview than being able to score against UNLV.

BYU whiners are still more fun to mock, but alas El Jefe does not give me that privilege.
I like that you mock your own. The reactions are much more amusing; however, that you irritate so many Utes makes makes my day. You have to be loving what Meyer created, as it gives you so much more fodder to work with.

I'm waiting for you to turn it up a notch or two during rivalry week. Laughs aplenty to be sure.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:34 PM   #16
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default What amazes me is after all this time...

the same people on both boards keep getting sucked into it. It really makes me wonder about the mental and emotional capacity of those posting. I mean how long does it really take to recognize Goats shtick and understand it for what it really is?

Have pity on their soles for they have walked barefoot through many a verbal fire refusing like a moth to a flame to give in.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:06 PM   #17
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
the same people on both boards keep getting sucked into it. It really makes me wonder about the mental and emotional capacity of those posting. I mean how long does it really take to recognize Goats shtick and understand it for what it really is?

Have pity on their soles for they have walked barefoot through many a verbal fire refusing like a moth to a flame to give in.

Was the use of soles supposed to be a pun? Pretty good one.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #18
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Archaea and Waters were obviously not at the game once again. Because if they were they would have seen that Max was very accurate last night, he threaded the needle on several passes, put good touch on the ball and was stepping up and throwing some bullets under pressure. I agree with Goat it was clearly his best game. TCU threw more looks at Max than UNM did and they are faster on defense. Not many teams will switch from zone to man as often as they did last night. Max recognized it and did a great job. He also called a few audibles that went for big plays.

I guess some people are never going to be happy, why dont you two cheer for LSU or Florida? I guess even they occassionally lose, maybe you can just switch teams every year, whoever is winning. Go OHIO STATE!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Archaea and Waters were obviously not at the game once again. Because if they were they would have seen that Max was very accurate last night, he threaded the needle on several passes, put good touch on the ball and was stepping up and throwing some bullets under pressure. I agree with Goat it was clearly his best game. TCU threw more looks at Max than UNM did and they are faster on defense. Not many teams will switch from zone to man as often as they did last night. Max recognized it and did a great job. He also called a few audibles that went for big plays.

I guess some people are never going to be happy, why dont you two cheer for LSU or Florida? I guess even they occassionally lose, maybe you can just switch teams every year, whoever is winning. Go OHIO STATE!
why don't you go spoon with bronco's prevent D, but make sure you suck in your gut first.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #20
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
why don't you go spoon with bronco's prevent D, but make sure you suck in your gut first.
Why dont you go F*** yourself, I am glad you created your own board just so you can troll on it. Quit being a douche bag, you have never played a down of football in your life and you have proven that today by your posts. You dont know shit about the game and you need to shut the hell up and be happy that we are 7-2.