cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #31
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I don't think anyone has ever said that BYU teams haven't run up the score.

The point you seem to be fixating on is that well..."LaVell did it too, so screw you BYU fans."

I seriously doubt LaVell ever did anything just to spite the hell out of the opposing coach and staff like KWhit deliberately did today.

While I don't feel sorry for Wyoming, at the same time Kyle looked like a total ass today still running trick plays with such a massive lead. It told you what his real intent was and it wasn't just to win a football game, it was to flat out tell the WYoming staff to fuck off.
i like this post. rocky - you have my respect b/c you said fuck instead of typing f&%$.

kyle needs to grow up - what he did was embarassing.

i don't have a problem with the trick plays up until mid-third quarter. everything after that was a joke. utah should have kept running the ball to burn time. it's a better message to wyoming run a lot of yards on their defense, ranked 6th in the nation, than to run up the score.
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:07 AM   #32
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
You are right Whittingham is running up the score. However, you have no room to talk considering how often Lavell ran up the score when he was the coach.
I heard Whittingham just found out that the kicker was one shy of the onside kicking record, and so he made the call.

Note: I think both lavell and kyle's decisions were in poor taste.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #33
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
It's official: mpfunk is a zoot.

What a ridiculous post. Sack up and admit what Kyle did tonight is classless outside of anything Lavell did years ago.
in my book, onside kick == putting wilson in to set a record.

dick heads both.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #34
Brian

Quote:

The point you seem to be fixating on is that well..."LaVell did it too, so screw you BYU fans."

I seriously doubt LaVell ever did anything just to spite the hell out of the opposing coach and staff like KWhit deliberately did today.

While I don't feel sorry for Wyoming, at the same time Kyle looked like a total ass today still running trick plays with such a massive lead. It told you what his real intent was and it wasn't just to win a football game, it was to flat out tell the WYoming staff to fuck off.

wow, i never thought i'd see a cougie defend wyoming.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 AM   #35
BYUruss

BYUruss is on a distinguished road

Quote:

This post is exactly why I like it here better than CB. Love it!
BYUruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:46 AM   #36
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
You are right Whittingham is running up the score. However, you have no room to talk considering how often Lavell ran up the score when he was the coach.
Funk. If you have a problem with BYU fans on Cougarboard bitching about running up the score... TAKE IT TO COUGARBOARD.

Thanks.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:29 AM   #37
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If you whine about RUTS you are a pussy

Plenty of both fans that fit that description on both sides of the rivalry.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 AM   #38
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Maybe he's still sore about Lavell pulling Ty Detmer before the first half was even over in 1989. That would seem more insulting to me than running up the score. Ty could have easily had 1000 yards in that game given he was playing against the worst defense in the history of the NCAA that day. Lavell usually bent over backwards to avoid running up the score almost to a laughable extent sometimes (like taking out the starting QB in the second quarter), especially from the late 80s and beyond.

Last edited by BlueK; 11-11-2007 at 05:07 AM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:36 AM   #39
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Funk. If you have a problem with BYU fans on Cougarboard bitching about running up the score... TAKE IT TO COUGARBOARD.

Thanks.

I would love to take it up on cougarboard, but I am currently banned.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:48 AM   #40
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Maybe he's still sore about Lavell pulling Ty Detmer before the first half was even over in 1989. That would seem more insulting to me than running up the score. Ty could have easily had 1000 yards in that game given he was playing against the worst defense in the history of the NCAA that day. Lavell usually bent over backwards to avoid running up the score almost to a laughable extent sometimes (like taking out the starting QB in the second quarter), especially from the late 80s and beyond.
That is the way I remember it, too. I remember being frustrated because we were always easing off the gas pedal with tons of time left.

I can't speak for the early years of the Lavell era, because I was not around to see them. Maybe he did run it up then.

But I can say that it is amazing how often teams that run up the score get their payback a few years later. Today's game assured that Wyoming will have something special for the Utes for a few years to come.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote