cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk
Default I don't blame the officals for the Utes loss but make no mistake

Those last two penalties were pure bullshit in every sense of the word. The Utes lost because McCain let Collie go on 4th and 18, but the officials sure gave you guys an extra push.

The Robert Johnson personal foul was the exact same play that Kehl did on the other end. It was a cheap shot when Kehl did and a cheap shot when RJ did it. If you don't call it on Kehl you cannot call it on RJ. The pass inference was a joke, end of story.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Those last two penalties were pure bullshit in every sense of the word. The Utes lost because McCain let Collie go on 4th and 18, but the officials sure gave you guys an extra push.

The Robert Johnson personal foul was the exact same play that Kehl did on the other end. It was a cheap shot when Kehl did and a cheap shot when RJ did it. If you don't call it on Kehl you cannot call it on RJ. The pass inference was a joke, end of story.
Bullocks. Don't be a sore loser. The 2nd call was questionable, but you gave up a TD when all we needed was a FG, so there's no way you can try to blame it on that.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate to win with questionable penalties, but this is a little like me saying I'd rather win by 9 than 2.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
ilmf

ilmf is on a distinguished road

Quote:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ilmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmf View Post
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Did I blame the loss on the officials? No the loss is on Bryce McCain for letting Collie go. But you and Woot are clearly blind, because no one can argue those calls were anything but a joke.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

17-10. See ya next year! Only 364 days of agony to go until you re-subscribe for more agony!!!
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM   #7
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Did I blame the loss on the officials? No the loss is on Bryce McCain for letting Collie go. But you and Woot are clearly blind, because no one can argue those calls were anything but a joke.
Come on, funk. If BYU had been in Utah's place today and I posted this you'd call me a whiner for a week.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM   #8
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The first call was actually PI, but I'll take the PF. The second one was questionable, but if he hadn't leaned into him so hard it wouldn't have been an issue. Either way, those 15 yards didn't make the difference. Unga could have gotten 50 yards on his TD run if he hadn't run out of field.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
ilmf

ilmf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Did I say anything about the refs' calls? I'm clearly blind?

What a sore effin loser you are, seriously. Bad calls happen.
ilmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #10
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
The first call was actually PI, but I'll take the PF. The second one was questionable, but if he hadn't leaned into him so hard it wouldn't have been an issue. Either way, those 15 yards didn't make the difference. Unga could have gotten 50 yards on his TD run if he hadn't run out of field.

No it wasn't PI, there was zero contact until the ball went past him. It was the exact same play as Kehl on the other end. As for the PI, even your homer announcers on CSTV said it was a terrible call. When the bluest of the blue goggles of Todd CHristensen says it was a bad call you know it terrible.

Utes will likely lose either way, because we can't stop a damn 4th and 18.