cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #11
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Come on, funk. If BYU had been in Utah's place today and I posted this you'd call me a whiner for a week.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
No I wouldn't, unless you blamed the loss on the officials. This loss is on 4th and 18, but I'm still going to vent against those two terrible calls down the stretch.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #12
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
No it wasn't PI, there was zero contact until the ball went past him. It was the exact same play as Kehl on the other end. As for the PI, even your homer announcers on CSTV said it was a terrible call. When the bluest of the blue goggles of Todd CHristensen says it was a bad call you know it terrible.

Utes will likely lose either way, because we can't stop a damn 4th and 18.
Homer announcers? That's even more sour grapes. Those guys are constantly saying stupid shit just to seem objective. The PI seemed clear to me, but I'll have to look at the replay.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #13
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No it wasn't PI, there was zero contact until the ball went past him.
The way I saw it, there was a pretty clear jersey grab and hold on that play. I thought they were calling PI and had no idea it was going to be a roughing call.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #14
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Those last two penalties were pure bullshit in every sense of the word. The Utes lost because McCain let Collie go on 4th and 18, but the officials sure gave you guys an extra push.

The Robert Johnson personal foul was the exact same play that Kehl did on the other end. It was a cheap shot when Kehl did and a cheap shot when RJ did it. If you don't call it on Kehl you cannot call it on RJ. The pass inference was a joke, end of story.
Not even close funk -not even close. The ute reciever may have made the catch -he had is hands ON THE BALL. Pita had no opportunity to catch the ball, took TWO steps and then was hit.

The PI had to be called -this isn't basketball, a DB can't BOX OUT!

The earlier push off against Collie was a JOKE!

Last edited by tooblue; 11-24-2007 at 11:23 PM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #15
ilmf

ilmf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
...the ute reciever may have made the catch -he had is hands ON THE BALL. Pita had no opportunity to catch the ball, took TWO steps and then was hit.
I agree with that.
ilmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #16
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Homer announcers? That's even more sour grapes. Those guys are constantly saying stupid shit just to seem objective. The PI seemed clear to me, but I'll have to look at the replay.
Wow simply wow. It is amazing that anyone cold listen to that game and not believe the announcers were clearly pro BYU. Watch the game every play they are talking about what BYU did or didn't do right, rarely did they actually talk about the Utes.

Plus you have them calling seminoff TD Joe all game. Bush league announcing, there is a reason this joke cannot get national distribution.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #17
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Those last two penalties were pure bullshit in every sense of the word. The Utes lost because McCain let Collie go on 4th and 18, but the officials sure gave you guys an extra push.

The Robert Johnson personal foul was the exact same play that Kehl did on the other end. It was a cheap shot when Kehl did and a cheap shot when RJ did it. If you don't call it on Kehl you cannot call it on RJ. The pass inference was a joke, end of story.
I'll give you that if you give me the bs PI call against Collie that negated a TD at the end of 2q.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:57 PM   #18
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I'll give you that if you give me the bs PI call against Collie that negated a TD at the end of 2q.
That call was the right call. He had full extension of his hand and pushed off. Again even your homer Todd Christensen said it was the right call.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #19
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

The Utah DBs were manhandling the BYU receivers all day. Utah's defense thrived partly because they disturbed the BYU receivers' routes so well, and they often did it by holding our receivers.

The last two penalties were borderline, but the Utah DBs were getting away with borderline interference/holding all day, so I don't feel bad about the questionable calls at the end.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #20
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That call was the right call. He had full extension of his hand and pushed off. Again even your homer Todd Christensen said it was the right call.
Nobody gives a shit what TC says so you can stop using him against us.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote