cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #11
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
The real questions is, do you have the right to bitch as much as John Haddow?
I doubt it, plus Holmoe does not take my personal calls.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
That's worth the $10,000.
Also, I ignore you before I ignore other Legacy members who are the same level as you, because they have cumulatively donated less than you throughout their lives.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:25 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

Quote:
I doubt it, plus Holmoe does not take my personal calls.
71, are you Legacy 1?

I pegged you as a Legacy V kind of guy.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 12-07-2007, 06:33 PM   #14
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
71, are you Legacy 1?

I pegged you as a Legacy V kind of guy.
Nope, I actually am Legacy II, but not really. My brother talked me into combining our donations so we could become Legacy II. He suggested since he lives in Utah County we put it under his name. I didn't care. He and his wife have their names on a plaque in the athletic center and if someone did some checking they would see I only show up as a $100 a year CC member.

In my mind since they have gotten around $12,000 of my money I consider myself Legacy I, officially I feel like my brother pulled one on me.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #15
BYU71

Quote:
Nope, I actually am Legacy II, but not really. My brother talked me into combining our donations so we could become Legacy II. He suggested since he lives in Utah County we put it under his name. I didn't care. He and his wife have their names on a plaque in the athletic center and if someone did some checking they would see I only show up as a $100 a year CC member.

In my mind since they have gotten around $12,000 of my money I consider myself Legacy I, officially I feel like my brother pulled one on me.
P.S. I feel like they misled us and I am not sure about some of the things they say. I pay the minimum annual. If I trusted them more or if they were more open, I would probably kick in some more. My other brother kicked in to be a Legacy I this year and he wasn't too excited with the seating he got.

There must be a hell of a demand for tickets and big contributors if a $10,000 donation gets you 6 seats on the 35-40 3 quarters of the way up the upper deck and not all together.

Those squatters and friends of BYU are costing the program a lot of money.

Last edited by BYU71; 12-07-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #16
TripletDaddy

Quote:
P.S. I feel like they misled us and I am not sure about some of the things they say. I pay the minimum annual. If I trusted them more or if they were more open, I would probably kick in some more. My other brother kicked in to be a Legacy I this year and he wasn't too excited with the seating he got.

There must be a hell of a demand for tickets and big contributors is a $10,000 donation gets you 6 seats on the 35-40 3 quarters of the way up the upper deck and not all together.

Those squatters and friends of BYU are costing the program a lot of money.
A very decent chunk of the lowers on the West are original stadium donors. Legacy 1 doesnt get you what it used to, eh?

Legacy 2 gets you good seats, though.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #17
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
A very decent chunk of the lowers on the West are original stadium donors. Legacy 1 doesnt get you what it used to, eh?

Legacy 2 gets you good seats, though.
Yea, but not as good as one might think or at least as I would think.

4 are on the 50 first row upper deck. Actually great seats. 2 with two old geezers then our other 2. The last two are on about the 40 4th row from the top on the lower section. If we tried to get all 4 together , they would suck.

We were promised when we gave them the dough great seats on East Side. When they put the seats in, they then decided it would be cool to charge an extra $1,000 for the right to the seats, (don't have to be legacy to do that), and $1,000 for the seats. We did that one year and found we had corporate folks who didn't give a crap about the game all around us. We then moved to the West side.

I am still a little miffed they told us we would get the seats and then added about a $1500 surcharge. BYU loves surcharges.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

BYU71, there are thousands and thousands of fans at A&M kicking in over 1k donation per seat. And with crappy seats.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #19
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
BYU71, there are thousands and thousands of fans at A&M kicking in over 1k donation per seat. And with crappy seats.
I will tell you this. If we were playing in the Big 12 or PAC10 I would be happy to kick in $2,000 or more a year for my seats.

This doesn't go over well, but I consider both BYU and who they play the product. I will pay up for a good product.

Plus, quite honestly I would probably give them up to another $20,000 to keep priority seating.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #20
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

I used to sell football tickets when I was a student at BYU. I think you would be absolutely disgusted if you saw how many of the best seats in the stadium are being hogged by stadium donors...only the donor is long since deceased, and the family is keeping the seat in the name of the deceased and it's the grandchildren buying the seats (the tickets were for the life of a donor and the life of one of their children).

I volunteered to actually do the research out of the public records and find out which of those seats were being purchased by people who had no legitimate claim on them...free of charge. Val Hale told me he didn't want me doing any such thing, because he didn't want to anger anyone who is purchasing season tickets. The other thing I asked Val Hale is why they didn't just jack up the prices of those seats so that the people that weren't legit donors couldn't afford them anymore, and the university could reclaim the seats. He also said that it was because they didn't want to upset the actual donors who still use their seats, because they are people that stepped up to the plate and made a hefty donation at a time that BYU fb really needed that money.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote