cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #51
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Yeah, well I am calling BS on that one. You tell me what BCS team just happens to have an open date next year on that weekend, and is willing to come to Provo. Not a chance.
Several sources after the Nevada pull out indicated we could schedule up. I am not saying a really good BCS team and I am not sure I want that anyway. Mid to lower BCS or Nevada non-BCS equivalent was out there according to several people.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #52
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I seriously might consider buying your tickets off you.

Of course if things keep going the way they are I might have to save my $$ for something else, but don't want to jinx that and scare the crap out of myself simultaneously by thinking about possibility too much...
the brother that is really loaded said he would take them. He has 6 others, but my two are better than his.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #53
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I would like to know which BCS team would have done that for us. Not just rumors, but an actual team.

How is it that FSU doesn't have it's schedule locked down for next year at this point? I just don't believe that.
Like I said, I'm not going to hang Bronco for the replacement for the Nevada game, because it's a legitimate problem to replace a team that late. My ire is directed at a long term philosophy but I think it's uncertain yet how that will affect us. The Army and USU contracts were the last two that were done.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #54
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Like I said, I'm not going to hang Bronco for the replacement for the Nevada game, because it's a legitimate problem to replace a team that late. My ire is directed at a long term philosophy but I think it's uncertain yet how that will affect us. The Army and USU contracts were the last two that were done.
The only thing I will criticize Bronco for is publicly saying he wanted to dummy down. Why not keep quiet and just say this was the best we could do, unless of course it wasn't. However, everybody spins so he could have too and said they couldn't find anyone.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #55
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
The only thing I will criticize Bronco for is publicly saying he wanted to dummy down. Why not keep quiet and just say this was the best we could do, unless of course it wasn't. However, everybody spins so he could have too and said they couldn't find anyone.
It would destroy Bronco if it was proven he was a liar, even over something trivial like this.

All it would take is some AD saying "we offered but they said no" and suddenly Bronco isn't a prophet anymore. he is the new Elder Stapely.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #56
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It would destroy Bronco if it was proven he was a liar, even over something trivial like this.

All it would take is some AD saying "we offered but they said no" and suddenly Bronco isn't a prophet anymore. he is the new Elder Stapely.
Valid point. I think though what he is saying negates the fact for those who are saying no way can we get better than a 1AA to slide in for Nevada.