cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #11
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

BYU got several very positive mentions in the preseason this year on ESPN and in various periodicals, but they killed all that by losing to a 6-7 UCLA team and laid a giant egg at Tulsa.

BYU only has themselves to blame vis a vis their losses and not their TV coverage or scheduling philosophies for whatever their current state of off-the-radarness is.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Arguable??? They will be ranked in the top 20. His comment isn't arguable, it is ridiculous.
BYU is on your radar. It's off the national radar.

A top 25 ranking doesn't mean BYU is on the radar. At least not by my definition.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
BYU is on your radar. It's off the national radar.

A top 25 ranking doesn't mean BYU is on the radar. At least not by my definition.
Then what is your definition?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
FMCoug

FMCoug

BYU <> USC. Never will. If you think otherwise you're on crack.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #15
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
BYU <> USC. Never will. If you think otherwise you're on crack.
BYU > USC * 2/12. If you think otherwise you are on crack.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #16
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Whatever best suits his ability to continue to piss and moan like a 14 year old girl experiencing her first bout of PMS.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
when fans that follow college football have 1) either seen a BYU game or 2) know a one sentence summary about the team.

Based on my conversations with football fans, this is not the case, and it's never been worse, because of the lack of national TV coverage.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #18
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
when fans that follow college football have 1) either seen a BYU game or 2) know a one sentence summary about the team.

Based on my conversations with football fans, this is not the case, and it's never been worse, because of the lack of national TV coverage.
Mike, you remind me of ex-ute. We have gone from a scheduling discussion and BYU being off of the radar back to the Mtn deal and being off of the radar.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Mike, you remind me of ex-ute. We have gone from a scheduling discussion and BYU being off of the radar back to the Mtn deal and being off of the radar.
how you schedule matters in terms of your radar. how you schedule matters in terms of the media exposure and what network it will be televised (if at all).

etc.

It's all tied together.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #20
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

What good does being on people's radar do for BYU? In other words, how is BYU hurt from this present TV situation?

Is BYU being hurt in the national rankings, I don't think so. Is BYU's recruiting suffering? Doesn't appear so. Is BYU's ability to put a good product on the field being jeapordized? Perhaps in the long run but the short run appears fine. Are fans not going to the games? Don't look like that is an issue. Is BYU losing money? I think they are making more. Other than providing you an avenue to whine, which you know I think is justified and that BYU's performance has earned them the right to bitch, how is BYU being negatively impacted by the masses knowing nothing about them? Does your definition of national radar mean shit?

I do think that the current issue is negatively impacting BYU football as the seventh arm of the LDS Church's missionary wing. That bothers me...deeply.