cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #41
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Oxnard is a hole. Only good things from there are Masi Tuitama, Ronney Jenkins and some qb named Beck.

Now ol Lou Cijanovic and his Santa Clara Saints had quite the program back in the day.

I did enjoy some epic battles against the Oxnard Spanish Speaking branch in regional hoops and softball, at least when triplet's buddy wasn't seeking to dq us for some stupid mullah reason.

I would still rather call Oxnard home than Thousand Oaks.
The only time I was ever on Oxnard was for a burial at the Masonic Cemetery. I'll trust that your comment about it being a hole is 100% objective, as you'd never belittle a place that wasn't Thousand Oaks. Or Eagle Mountain.

Speaking of that, would you rather live in TO or EM?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #42
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

As an aside, it sounds like there may be some movement in the two-deep in terms of positions. Ashworth may be moving to Safety, and Jordan Pendleton may be moving to OLB.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #43
BYUTexan

BYUTexan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
Who do you think will be on the WR two-deep in fall? Obviously Collie and Reed will be the big two, but who will be the next two? Chambers? Ashworth? Hafoka? White? Kozlowski?

Also, I assume that Mahuika will get most of the available snaps at the slot that aren't taken by the TEs (who I assume will take most). Who will be behind him? Probably doesn't matter too much, since Mahuika only got one reception last year, and will probably be in single digits again, even with the swtch of So'oto.
We may do well to switch Hafoka to slot to utilize his agility and speed to help take pressure off of the outside WR's, TE's and RB's. ala Reno Mahe.

The eyes of Texas are upon you Michael Reed (and David Nixon).
BYUTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #44
BYUTexan

Damn, I thought this was a new thread. This board moves slower than highway traffic coming out of Florida during the Hurricane season.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #45
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

As far as talent and athleticism, Spencer Hafoka might be the 2nd-best WR at BYU this year, behind Austin Collie but ahead of Michael Reed (who has always been a bit of a disappointment a a starter). He may blueshirt though, we'll see. I'll be happy when McKay Jacobsen gets back. Ashworth hasn't convinced me yet that he's I-A material.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #46
BYUTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post

As far as talent and athleticism, Spencer Hafoka might be the 2nd-best WR at BYU this year, behind Austin Collie but ahead of Michael Reed (who has always been a bit of a disappointment a a starter). He may blueshirt though, we'll see. I'll be happy when McKay Jacobsen gets back. Ashworth hasn't convinced me yet that he's I-A material.
I disagree about Michael Reed, I actually think he'll have a breakout year. I'm just thinking that with the personnel we currently have, why not move Hafoka to the slot just for this season, so that we can have an added dimension for Hall to use against opposing defenses?