cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2008, 05:49 AM   #101
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I thought we had determined whtie trash is a racist term.
Maybe for non-whites to use, but since I am white, I can use it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:50 AM   #102
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
you obviously didnt follow SC in the mid 80s through the 90s.

But you did follow Oklahoma, so I digress.....you know droughts, too.
we invented the drought. Every single week Brent Musberger said, "Wow, folks. These sure aren't your father's Sooners." That is, until they stopped televising our games altogether. I think that was right around the time we dropped a game to a mid-major from Utah.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:51 AM   #103
SipiTau

SipiTau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
well, the great thing about being a fan of a top tier school is that you can always make another run for the title the next year. It's not a once-a-generation kind of thing.
Trust me, I'm enjoying every minute. I thought SC's day as a national power were truly a thing of the past. Did you ever get that feeling at OU?

I've enjoyed watching BYU's revival; I know what that journey is like and I hope the Cougs enjoy the ride.
SipiTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:52 AM   #104
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Is there some reward given, for example, to people that latch onto teams like the Yankees? Are they given some privileged position where they can claim lordship over all other fans, as if they have actually earned something on their own?

If any of you within earshot have ever been in rural Oklahoma, you would be filling up the urine bombs right now, just on the possibility that your school might schedule OU sometime in the next 10 years. White trash in Oklahoma actually give the white trash in other states a bad name. Mobile homes and confederate flags everywhere.
I have never once in my life seen a confederate flag in Oklahoma. Trailers, yes. Trailers aplenty. Derelict old vehicles on concrete blocks? yes. Broken appliances on the front porch? check. Confederate flags? That's more of an Arkansas thing.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:52 AM   #105
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
we invented the drought. Every single week Brent Musberger said, "Wow, folks. These sure aren't your father's Sooners." That is, until they stopped televising our games altogether. I think that was right around the time we dropped a game to a mid-major from Utah.
31-6.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:54 AM   #106
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SipiTau View Post
Trust me, I'm enjoying every minute. I thought SC's day as a national power were truly a thing of the past. Did you ever get that feeling at OU?
We went through 4 football coaches just in my undergraduate career. It was a foregone conclusion that football was a thing of the past. There was even a brief attempt to make Oklahoma into an institution of higher learning. Fortunately, Stoops was hired before anybody got too carried away.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:05 AM   #107
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SipiTau View Post

I've enjoyed watching BYU's revival; I know what that journey is like and I hope the Cougs enjoy the ride.
With Keyshawn, there was some glimmer of hope.

But the year SC lost to TCU in the Sun Bowl with Petros as our best player.....yikes....things looked grim.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #108
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm just thinking of next Thursday and your asssertin that he will run over Utah's D line.
Utah's starting D line that averages 255 pounds will definitely be tested next Thursday. OSU's O line did a pretty good job against and incredible USC D Line tonight.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote