cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adam Timo and Riley Nelson

I am convinced that Doman sees Timo and Nelson being similar to Staley and himself. I have often felt that part of Majerus' demise was trying to recreate the blend of talent and personalities on his '98 squad post '98.

I doubt either Timo or Nelson are as good as Staley and Doman were respectively. I like the big backs power run game with a good timing passing game. It works at BYU, don't ehf it up.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I am convinced that Doman sees Timo and Nelson being similar to Staley and himself. I have often felt that part of Majerus' demise was trying to recreate the blend of talent and personalities on his '98 squad post '98.

I doubt either Timo or Nelson are as good as Staley and Doman were respectively. I like the big backs power run game with a good timing passing game. It works at BYU, don't ehf it up.
Timo is going on a mission straight out of high school, so you won't see him on the field for a few years still.

Also, of all the commits they've got at RB from the 08' and 09' classes, he's easily the one with the most combined talent and upside. In my opinion of course. I saw him play live this year and he'll be better than Curtis Brown. I'd compare his style as a Jamal Willis/Curtis Brown combo, but faster than Curtis, and about the same speed as Jamal.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Timo is going on a mission straight out of high school, so you won't see him on the field for a few years still.

Also, of all the commits they've got at RB from the 08' and 09' classes, he's easily the one with the most combined talent and upside. In my opinion of course. I saw him play live this year and he'll be better than Curtis Brown. I'd compare his style as a Jamal Willis/Curtis Brown combo, but faster than Curtis, and about the same speed as Jamal.

I like Timo at RB, but I am not a fan of getting enamored with option quarterbacks.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I like Timo at RB, but I am not a fan of getting enamored with option quarterbacks.
Jason Munns will start over Riley Nelson. Nelson will finish his career as a safety or wideout.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Jason Munns will start over Riley Nelson. Nelson will finish his career as a safety or wideout.
You believe Munns will start as a frosh his first year back after a mission? I don't know much about him, but I thought word was that he wasn't that impressive in practice as a freshman. What's the scoop? I think Nelson would be reasonably successful, given his experience and that he'd have a year to back Hall up before he started.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

10 demerits for bad football post displaying low football IQ.

I have no idea how good Timo is.

But I do know that if we had to rely on Vakapuna as our go-to back, we would be screwed. and your big-back theory would be out the window. The reason Unga is good, is because he is a good back. He just happens to be bad back.

How is Joe Glenn doing these days? Any rumblings about him losing his job?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
While I agree that Munns, and Heaps (if he signs) are the future at QB for BYU, Riley Nelson is going to stay at QB and I won't be a bit surprised if he's the starter in 10', cause Munns won't be that year. He left on his mission in late Spring of 08' and he won't have been back long enough to be the starter, and I'm not counting on Heaps starting as a True freshman, even if he does enroll early as he's been planning on.

Unless Munns comes home from his mission early, book it now: 2010 Starter at QB: Riley Nelson.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #8
TheAzzuri

TheAzzuri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
While I agree that Munns, and Heaps (if he signs) are the future at QB for BYU, Riley Nelson is going to stay at QB and I won't be a bit surprised if he's the starter in 10', cause Munns won't be that year. He left on his mission in late Spring of 08' and he won't have been back long enough to be the starter, and I'm not counting on Heaps starting as a True freshman, even if he does enroll early as he's been planning on.

Unless Munns comes home from his mission early, book it now: 2010 Starter at QB: Riley Nelson.
Whatever happened to Lark? Did he not pan out?

Also, does anyone know what happened to Seta Pohahau (sp?). I assume he's at a JC somewhere. Is there a chance that he'll still make it to Provo?
________
Body Science

Last edited by TheAzzuri; 05-06-2011 at 11:51 PM.
TheAzzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #9
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Brandon Doman?
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #10
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Do you know when Nelson gets back from his mish?
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote