cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #41
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
Hooks already applied and got denied. Yes they applied this past off season. It is an urban legend that you have to wait until your senior year and that is not true.
What does it take to get an effing med redshit? Seems like BYU always fails in their applications.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #42
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
What does it take to get an effing med redshit? Seems like BYU always fails in their applications.
They need to take some notes from Utah's medical staff on that one. They don't seem to have a problem getting questionable medical redshirts for their players.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #43
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
I totally agree with you on the linebackers but I think that with all of the other positions we won't be to bad. Is it Ogletree that just got back from his mission? I can see him cracking the 2 deep next year. Is it Ogletree that just got back and will be in school in January? From what I hear he is the real deal.
Ogletree? That is a name that has been around for a while. Is he redshirting this year? It seems like that name has been around forever without seeing any playing time.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #44
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm going to be laughing at all you pessimists in 2010.
This is a football post from MW? Will wonders never cease?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #45
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Ogletree? That is a name that has been around for a while. Is he redshirting this year? It seems like that name has been around forever without seeing any playing time.
He went straight on a mission from high school. He's back and redshirting this year, I believe.

He was one of those recruits that committed late, so he had a spotlight during a time Cougar fans are paying attention to recruiting, and was seemed a little overhyped to me at the time. His only other offers were from lesser programs.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #46
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ogletree was a late signee from the class of 2006. He was on a mission during the 2006 and 2007 seasons. I think he is grayshirting this year in Provo and will go on scholarship starting in January. He will be a true freshman next year with 5 to play 4.

What I recall is that he was an all state middle lb from Texas with ungodly statistics. I think the kid had over 300 tackles his junior and senior years. However, his tangibles were not up to snuff so nobody save some smaller schools offered him a scholarship. I went to West Point with his uncle for a year and he told me that Mendenhall finally saw tape on the kid and asked the assistant responsible for Texas why BYU had yet to offer. The assistant told him that there were questions if the kid was legitimate D1 athlete, Bronco told the assistant to go and offer right now do not pass go and do not collect $200. The kid took the scholarship offer.

He is right under 6' I think and weighs about 220-225. Time will tell if he is the next Zac Morriss or Chris Hale.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #47
TheSizzle36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
He is right under 6' I think and weighs about 220-225. Time will tell if he is the next Zac Morriss or Chris Hale.
I think a better analogy would be if he is the next Zack Morris or the next AC Slater.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #48
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
. Time will tell if he is the next Zac Morriss or Chris Hale.
Do you mean Zac Thomas? Did the Saved by the Bell Trivia just completely occupy your mind for a few days Goat?
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #49
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think a better analogy would be if he is the next Zack Morris or the next AC Slater.
But Zack Thomas' girlfriend was hot,hot, hot in the pool scene in "Showgirls."
Old 10-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #50
TheSizzle36

Quote:
But Zack Thomas' girlfriend was hot,hot, hot in the pool scene in "Showgirls."
I think that would be AC Slater's woman in Showgirls. Or did she hook up with Zach Thomas after the fact?