cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2008, 03:40 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Utah will have to play its best game of the season

to defeat TCU, but Utah's pretty good against the run, so it may be a good match up for Utah, who won't be overwhelmed by the team speed of TCU as BYU was.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that the Utes will have to dig deep and play their best.

Quite honestly, I think that TCU is the best team in the conference right now. The Utes have dodged a few bullets this year, but they won't be able to win if they don't straight up outplay the Frogs.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I agree that the Utes will have to dig deep and play their best.

Quite honestly, I think that TCU is the best team in the conference right now. The Utes have dodged a few bullets this year, but they won't be able to win if they don't straight up outplay the Frogs.
The short week, travel, and home field will help the Utes, but ultimately they'll have to play to win instead of playing not to lose like we saw vs. UNM.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm so glad this game will be played in four days. If somebody's got something interesting to say about matchups, personnel, coaching philosophy, great. Subject to that, how about everyone keeping their yaps shut and let the game decide who's best? Archaea and Il Padrino, you guy don't know shit. You know zip. That's clear. Il Padrino as usual thinks it's cool to poor mouth the Utes. Why not write USC off after beating Arizona 17-10?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm so glad this game will be played in four days. If somebody's got something interesting to say about matchups, personnel, coaching philosophy, great. Subject to that, how about everyone keeping their yaps shut and let the game decide who's best? Archaea and Il Padrino, you guy don't know shit. You know zip. That's clear. Il Padrino as usual thinks it's cool to poor mouth the Utes. Why not write USC off after beating Arizona 17-10?
Because USC is better.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #6
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Because USC is better.
USC won't win the Pac 10, which is 1-7 against the MWC.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
USC won't win the Pac 10, which is 1-7 against the MWC.
Sure they will. They will be fine.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #8
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
My prediction is that Utahs defense will play well against TCU, in fact I think they hold them under 21 points. However BJ will continue his trend of turning the ball over and TCU will win 17-9.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

BJ better play an efficient turnover free game or TCU is going to win that game.

Utahs defense is very good. TCUs is even better.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
What don't I know?

TCU has a lot of team speed on defense, and I complimented the Utes, so I don't know shit? Huh? Put your booze down old man. Fifty ain't so bad.

TCU is a run based team, and in my opinion that will play into some of Utah's traditional strength, though Utah is not as strong up the middle as in most years. However, Utah has better corners than BYU, so the passing game won't succeed against Utah.

Utah's offense though potentially good, with Brian Johnson, it is sporadic. Yet Casteel and Godfrey should keep the Frogs honest.

Home field advantage to Utes, short week benefits them.

Instead of a drunken rejoinder why don't you analyze it yourself. What do you think of Utah's man defense against TCU's receivers?

Do you believe Utah has shored up its interior defense against the run sufficiently to stop TCU? TCU is clearly vulnerable to some defenses as they didn't play well against CSU.