cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is anyone surprised that Austin Collie is

dominating at Spring Practice?

I'm not. Our dbs are solid, but the more solid one's are currently injured. Further, Austin Collie is just good. He was a stud as a freshman and he will be good as a sophmore.

As a junior and senior he will be spectacular.

But he came home fat blah blah blah. Once you had fat, you won't ever go back! The kid is just good.

And no, I don't think Mike Reed will have more catches or more receiving yards. I expect Mike Reed to be a good role player and have 25-35 receptions in this offense. The only one I really believe will have in excess of 40 catches is Austin Collie. I also think one of the tight ends will, I just don't know which one.

Austin is one of those rare mormon boys that BYU should never have nabbed. BYU can grow tight ends on trees, but genuine NFL caliber wide outs happen at BYU about as often as the Orem High Prom Queen gets nailed on Prom night. I would rather have an NFL caliber running back like Luuuuuke at the BYU as the non-NFL caliber wide outs mixed with some NFL caliber tight ends are more than adequate. But hey, if anyone knows the Collies, I will take Austin and plan to emulate my favorite uhhhhh "actress," the ever vivacious Jenna Jameson, as she, with great emotion, shouts to the god's...MORE!!MORE!!MORE!!

or something like that....
Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

I'm not. Our dbs are solid, but the more solid one's are currently injured. Further, Austin Collie is just good. He was a stud as a freshman and he will be good as a sophmore.

But he came home fat blah blah blah. Once you had fat, you won't ever go back! The kid is just good.

And no, I don't think Mike Reed will have more catches or more receiving yards. I expect Mike Reed to be a good role player and have 25-35 receptions in this offense. The only one I really believe will have in excess of 40 catches is Austin Collie. I also think one of the tight ends will, I just don't know which one.

Austin is one of those rare mormon boys that BYU should never have nabbed. BYU can grow tight ends on trees, but genuine NFL caliber wide outs happen at BYU about as often as the Orem High Prom Queen gets nailed on Prom night. I would rather have an NFL caliber running back like Luuuuuke at the BYU as the non-NFL caliber wide outs mixed with some NFL caliber tight ends are more than adequate. But hey, if anyone knows the Collies, I will take Austin and plan to emulate my favorite uhhhhh "actress," the ever vivacious Jenna Jameson, as she, with great emotion, shouts to the god's...MORE!!MORE!!MORE!!

No I am not surprised in the least. Collie's a stud. I wouldn't have been surprised had he struggled because that happens sometimes. But I expected him to get back to form quickly.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:

I got an email from someone in the program over the weekend and he said even at 50% Austin is by far and away heads and shoulders above the other WR. He said it sounds like the media is making this guy to walk on water, but that in truth as much optimism we've heard from the coaches they're trying to temper expectations on the kid, but are having a difficult time doing so because of his drive and work ethic.

He and Max Hall do a lot together off the field and are very good friends. Hall to Collie for 3 years running could be one of the most prolific combos in BYU history.

When he gets everything back which will likely take the whole of the 07' season...after that he'll be back to his dominant self and only get better.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:10 PM   #4
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

The real question with Collie is who is getting him the ball... Steve Smith is an all pro but Utah had shit for qbs when he was there...

btw I don't know anything about Hall or Cooper...
Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
The real question with Collie is who is getting him the ball... Steve Smith is an all pro but Utah had shit for qbs when he was there...

btw I don't know anything about Hall or Cooper...
Generally speaking I think BYU has done ok with that position, but I might be confusing them with someone else.

Heck, Beck as a sophmore could get him the ball with the HC drawing up the plays on a chalkboard while the defense was playing "ole!"

This is why I am guarded about next year but giddier than a tube of KY jelly stocked in the Provo walmart about the prospects of fulfilling the full measure of its creation for the '08 offense.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Orem High Prom queens get nailed more and more often as the years go by. Does that mean that we will get more NFL caliber recievers?
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

[Deleted]

Last edited by bluegoose; 03-29-2007 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Obviously a mistake
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I bet Austin's mother is a great therapist.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"

Last edited by Surfah; 03-29-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:48 AM   #9
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Austin's mom ain't too shabby.
IIRC, she's a former BYU cheerleader. Hmm.... football player hooks up with cheerleader.... who'da thunk?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:20 AM   #10
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

MILF

that is all.