cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 02-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #31
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
When I was a younger man and wore a younger man's clothes, I would pray and ask God what it would have been like to have been older in the early 80's and with the internet. God granted me my wish.

Honestly, in your wildest dreams when BYU's athletic administrators were in Hawaii with the football program in shambles and nobody scrambling to fix it, the hoops team unable to get the ball across halfcourt and losing badly to everybody did we ever think that in 3 years BYU would have every team in this conference holding onto our belt loops being passed around for a pack of smokes? I don't know if it is Holmoe, Samuelson, God or Mike Waters, but somebody somewhere has done something good.

I can imagine this is how the early 80's would have been with the internet.

God is great!
The late seventies and 80's were awesome. As I have mentioned numerous times, I have many friends who are of the Ute persuasion. Back then we would actually get into big time arguments over reffing, money, tithing going to BYU, McMahon and others not obeying the honor code, etc.

Fast forward to the late 90's until now. These same friends started to not being so upset at BYU. So far, even the recent run has not turned them back into their old selves.

However, I am proud to say we are generating a new era of BYU haters. Believe me, the more remote our chances for the sportsmanship trophy, the more we must be beating up on the poor little dwarfs in the conference.

May we get back to the days of BYU and the seven dwarfs, I guess there are 8 now.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #32
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I am trying to think of all the great BYU players who after their wife got taunted the whole game, would never have taunted their fans in return.

There may be some who could stay cool, calm and collected in any circumstances, however if that becomes another requirement of athletes at BYU, we won't even be able to field teams that can beat local Ward teams.
For the record, I had no idea the Lacey comments/chants were happening. With that additional knowledge, I can safely claim ZERO disappointment in Plaisted's actions.

And, in acknowledgement of my original 'slightly disappointed' comment's inherent lack of balls...I sincerely apologize.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #33
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road

I love that fact that we are slapping our nuts against the chins of all other MWC teams. I guess the Utes can take solice in the fact that their girls team owns us in hoops.

After another year of dominance in both football and basketball, I think we will get to that point where every team believes us to be their rival.
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #34
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
I love that fact that we are slapping our nuts against the chins of all other MWC teams.
Huh? Wrong forum; there are any number of gay threads in the CG Religion forum you might want to contribute to.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:58 PM   #35
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road

What forum do I go to talk about your Momma?
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #36
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Its funny how quickly a player can go from goat to hero given how badly tp mucked up the end of the sdsu game
Old 02-29-2008, 07:37 PM   #37
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall View Post
Its funny how quickly a player can go from goat to hero given how badly tp mucked up the end of the sdsu game
It was even quicker than that. Guys on CB were calling for TP to be benched at halftime of the UNM game.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote