cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 09-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #21
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Interesting:

"Somehow, BYU coaches and the like were able to convince him that BYU will give him as many academic opportunities as Stanford would have. "
As we've covered here, truth is not an important LDS value.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #22
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
As we've covered here, truth is not an important LDS value.
So you're more LDS than you've been letting on.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

In about 10 years, you will be able to replace "Mormons" with "Jews" in all of SU's posts.

For example, his above quote will read, "As we've covered here, truth is not an important Jewish value."

It will be quite the spectacle.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 PM   #24
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Has he been outspoken about mission plans yet?

This kid is the most paid attention to and hyped hoopster since Meads and he has that legacy cloud over him as well. In fact I would propose that the expectations for him will be much higher than Meads. It is my theory that he is not as likely to flop as Meads did but I base that on my belief that it is harder to evaluate big men than guards at the high school level.

How many kids is BYU signing this November? I thought I read about two other big kids from Utah but aren't both planning on serving missions? Anyone have any insight on Davies?

I knew the kid was BYU bound when I read his comments about "liking what Boylen was doing on the Hill" as only a dyed in the wool Cougar could be pleased about the U being swept by "Let's go WYO....YEEEHAWW!! FIRE IT UP COWBOYS!"
I think BYU plans on signing 4 High School kids during the next signing period.

Tyler Haws of course

Then they have commits from 2 big men. Nate Austin from Lone Peak who's a teammate of Haws. However, he's going straight on a mission out of high school so his scholie won't count towards next year. Austin is EXTREMELY skinny for being 6'10 and in my opinion has a lot of work to do. I think he's a project to say the least.

http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=3304199

Then Ian Harward. Another big man who plays at Orem High School. He had an earlier offer from Utah State and then Coach Rose and his staff decided to offer Harward after his play at camps during the off-season. I like his upside and talent a lot more than I do Nate Austin's.

http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=3976309

I'm guessing there's one more scholie they're giving out and are gonna try to get Brandon Davies to commit in spite of his academic struggles. Supposedly he's improved on that, but of the 4 players mentioned and in my opinion has the best upside of all of them, and that's saying something given the Haws commitment.

http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=3304202