cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 02-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #91
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You would play for Giac over Rose?

Now, Majerus would have made it a tough choice, but Giac hasn't shown enough to merit consideration of Utah over BYU.
Well if it was a question of when I came out of HS, I would have been playing for Majerus. But now, I'd still take Giac over Rose. From what I hear Rose is a swearing Mormon and I'd only have to play for Giac for a year.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #92
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
Utah got the best player in the state and unlv got the second best player (Darger). Plus grimm is the best player this year and he is going to the U....

How did you take over our recruiting base?
A lot of people would disagree with you in Grimm being the best instate player. Many believe that it's Chris Collinsworth who's committed to BYU, Ben Aird who's only a Junior at Bountiful and the Haws kid who's only a Sophomore at Lone Peak.

There is far from a consensus as to who the best player in the state is this year.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:44 AM   #93
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
A lot of people would disagree with you in Grimm being the best instate player. Many believe that it's Chris Collinsworth who's committed to BYU, Ben Aird who's only a Junior at Bountiful and the Haws kid who's only a Sophomore at Lone Peak.

There is far from a consensus as to who the best player in the state is this year.
I agree. Nobody really stands out as the best high school player so far this year. It wasn't clear cut like Deane was last year.

I've always felt that the title of best player is irrelevant. Utah and BYU should go after the kid who will best fill their respective needs.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote