cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #21
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

For the first time in 16 years, I have not renewed my season tickets to BYU B-Ball. That alone should ensure a terrific season.

I have nothing against the team; I just decided that have too many things going on and that it is tough to justify spending that money on season tickets when I end up missing so many games.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #22
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
For the first time in 16 years, I have not renewed my season tickets to BYU B-Ball. That alone should ensure a terrific season.

I have nothing against the team; I just decided that have too many things going on and that it is tough to justify spending that money on season tickets when I end up missing so many games.
Sweet, maybe I'll move up a row!

Seriously, come on man. Buck up. Get your butt out there. BB season tickets are a real joy for me. I love feeling part of the team and watching each team with its unique personality grow and progress through the season. Very rewarding for me.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 PM   #23
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I like BYU hoops, but I just don't think BYU can ever be real good. Perhaps BYU will make the sweet 16 in my lifetime, but I just don't expect it. Winning a game in the NCAA tourney is, IMO, the highwater mark for the program. Perhaps if it were to get a legendary hoop coach, but I can understand why a great football coach could stay at BYU as you are nearly a god to many and your ego is fed by that. However, I'll bet Dave Rose can take his wife out to Outback and totally be left alone all night long.

BYU is, and forever will be, a football school.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #24
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Sweet, maybe I'll move up a row!

Seriously, come on man. Buck up. Get your butt out there. BB season tickets are a real joy for me. I love feeling part of the team and watching each team with its unique personality grow and progress through the season. Very rewarding for me.
Oh, I will still go to my fair share of games. I will just buy a ticket when I go.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #25
jay santos

Quote:
Oh, I will still go to my fair share of games. I will just buy a ticket when I go.
At $5 per and you can walk down and sit in the first 10 rows, it makes sense to do it that way.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #26
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
At $5 per and you can walk down and sit in the first 10 rows, it makes sense to do it that way.
Bingo.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #27
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #28
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I'm a season ticket holder. But I do get my kids in that way.

You're out there making the big bucks while I'm in Utah sacrificing my career, so I have to be cheap.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #29
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm a season ticket holder. But I do get my kids in that way.

You're out there making the big bucks while I'm in Utah sacrificing my career, so I have to be cheap.
Whatever extra bucks I'm making out here are consumed by the jacked-up cost-of-living of being in an area where people commute to Philly, New Jersey and NYC.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #30
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if Indy's kids are sick of moving yet.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote